Color Grading or Not?

Siege H.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
While shooting in log format is pretty common to get the best dynamic range possible, and then simply color grading afterwards. If someone can get their desired look from in-camera presets would you recommend that they could potentially skip color grading in post to save time? I enjoy shooting flat and color grading, though sometimes I feel like it's a bit of extra work. My idea is to save that for much bigger projects I work on rather than 5-10 min YouTube videos; that or use some luts. Opinion? Thoughts? Comments?

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Depends what the video is for. I never use to colour grade, then I started doing it and found it to be a bit unnatural for what I was filming and now I don't colour grade, only do minor colour correction. I just set the white balance I want in the camera before I start recording. Good luck!

Siege H.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Depends what the video is for. I never use to colour grade, then I started doing it and found it to be a bit unnatural for what I was filming and now I don't colour grade, only do minor colour correction. I just set the white balance I want in the camera before I start recording. Good luck!
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Looped Fruit