Gaming Collab on a Dragon Age Lore Discussion video?

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
What's up, guys. My youtube channel name is the same as my name here on YTTalks. My business email address is my youtube & YTTalks username at yahoo.com.

Anyway, I'm currently neck deep in the middle of a blind LP of Dragon Age: Origins. In Episode 9 of that LP, near the very end of that episode, there was something - and you'll know it when you see it - that made me completely lose my s**t. For purposes of this thread, I will simply refer to it as "that moment," to avoid spoiling anyone of the plot.

In addition to let's plays, I do weekly lore & story analysis videos on my channel, and I would like to get together with a guy who knows his or her s**t about Dragon Age lore, and hopefully we can have a nice, meaty discussion (hopefully a minimum of 15 minutes worth of discussion) regarding "that moment" and whether it was the morally right thing to do.

We can probably handle this discussion on Skype. We can agree on a script, where we each take turns going back and forth giving our opinions on the matter. Then I can record my own voice clips before sending them to you to drop into the video. Then you can send me an unlisted video to see if I have any objections to the final product before you publish it.

I'm looking for someone who knows how to do story analysis. I don't simply mean saying that something is "interesting" or that a character is "endearing." I mean being able to pick up on character tropes, major themes of the plot, and even noticing when the various rules of writing (e.g. "Show, don't tell" and "Chekhov's Gun") have been violated.

For examples on how to do story analysis (and more specifically, my preferred style of story analysis), check out a few of my other videos:

Why the Commonwealth's so Unplundered; A Reply to "No Todds, No Masters" - Notice how I identify the Institute's character trope as "Knight Templar" and use that to make every other point in the video.
Why Nuka-World is a Bad DLC for Fallout 4 - Notice how I chastise that DLC for its lack of thematic symmetry with the rest of the game.
How to Fix Oblivion's Mages Guild Questline, Parts 1 and 2 - Notice how I criticize the questline's poor pacing, sloppy raising of the stakes, and blatant violation of chekhov's gun.

I'm ideally looking for someone who has a couple thousand subscribers. I honestly don't have very many subscribers to offer you, so my insight into the matter and the video content I can give for you is the primary currency that I'm bargaining with. This is, admittedly, the least important of my requirements, but please at least have a sizeable subscriber fanbase. Just remember: you were all once in my position, right?

So would anybody be interested in collaborating with me?