Cold Turkey Off Adwords.....

Lucy81272892

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I'm ready to pretty much go cold turkey off of adwords......reason being is that yes it's great for views and subs but once you stop your ad your views plummet....at least in my case......I've heard so many people say that as far as really taking off adwords is not the way to go.....that you have to let YouTube do the work for you......soooooooo I'm thinking its about time I drop the adwords......btw my channel is about 3 months old and I've been doing adwords from the get go.......any thoughts........

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Adwords not really help me at all. I used coupon $100 Off my first campaign and I added 100 extra subbs a week. I am not willing to spent 100 buck for 100 or so subbs.

search for this topic -
Advertising videos using AdWords - Worth my while?

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's worth it if you have enough money to continually keep funding your campaigns.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm testing it now and it seems like however much money you put in is a similar amount of views and subs you'll get in return. My problem is I'm cheap so I may not last long with AdWords either

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm testing it now and it seems like however much money you put in is a similar amount of views and subs you'll get in return. My problem is I'm cheap so I may not last long with AdWords either
Could we maybe get some numbers?

Because I've been thinking about adwords as well.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Could we maybe get some numbers?

Because I've been thinking about adwords as well.
That's the plan! I'm doing a real low amount, 25 bucks this month, and seeing how many views and what not I get from that

Lon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Lucy81272892 @Gamayun and others. Are you guys using "In Display" video ads located up top, or on the side bar, as suggested videos, of targeted channels? Trying to figure out the best way to market my channel via Adwords

Thanks

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I'm ready to pretty much go cold turkey off of adwords......reason being is that yes it's great for views and subs but once you stop your ad your views plummet....at least in my case......I've heard so many people say that as far as really taking off adwords is not the way to go.....that you have to let YouTube do the work for you......soooooooo I'm thinking its about time I drop the adwords......btw my channel is about 3 months old and I've been doing adwords from the get go.......any thoughts........
During the last hangouts session with the Yt brand managers they pretty much said the same thing. Adwords views carry much less algo weight and you can't force channel growth with it. Yt recommends organic views for growth not paid views.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had 2 campaigns running this month. Was a waste of money for me and wont be doing it again. Glad I tried it though.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's interesting, because all the marketers I know (I work in a marketing company) say that waiting for organic views doesn't make any sense, and if you want to get people to watch your material, just pay for them to see it. However, that's for marketing content, so their clients probably aren't interested in having viewers return to their channels.