Voice Acting (Closed) Voice Actresses Needed for Jem Parody in October

Cromartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
10/17 Update: This is now closed, thank you.
I'm a 3K sub/3 mil views channel but I don't mind how many subs or views people have, just microphone/recording quality.

I need people to fill the roles of Roxy, Pizzazz, Stormer, and Jerrica Benton for an animated Jem parody set for early-mid October release. It's about the 1 minute length of most of my other uploads.

They don't have to be impressions (although it'd be nice for Jem and Pizzazz), biggest thing I'm looking for is making sure Pizzazz is the jealous, ball of rage she is. Roxy and Stormer literally have a few words, and Jerrica/Jem just needs her signature, "show's over synergy."

Disclaimer: This is just as TV-14/NSFW as my other cartoons, so partial nudity (underwear that is) and sexual innuendo slapstick violence will be present (mostly in the form of a short music video that satires the hornier side of my audience, and an ending that recalls memories of Doronjo's defeats in Yatterman). I never make anything truly 18+ adult, just glance at previous works to get an idea of what the tone will be. Just letting folks know in case they have a more family friendly channel or something. ;-)

Ultimately I need the files delivered in WAV (32 bit default) or MP3 (128 KBPS minimum) format. If you have a VA channel for me to listen to/contact you at, feel free to leave it below, otherwise people can audition with quotes from the show and PM or e-mail me with links or downloads of recordings. Audio files of quotes to recite for Pizzazz, Roxy, Stormer, and Jem are conveniently located here: rockjem[dot]com/sounds[dot]html (just sub the [dot] for . I still have no idea how to post links here).

Script's finished, and I'd like to start as soon as I can, so depending on how many people respond I'll send it out to who I choose by the 26th. Lament not if you're skipped over, I have sooo many got dang things that need actresses between now and 2016 and beyond and will probably keep you in mind anyhow (plus I'll need female voices for Star Wars projects between late Oct-Dec but I'll save that for another thread when the idea is more set in stone).

Thanks for reading, hope I used enough detail to make things clear. If there's any questions feel free to ask. :-D

Last edited:

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I don't have much to offer when it comes to subscribers. I started 2 years ago and kind of got discouraged and stopped, but I would really like to try my hand at voice work. I am not yet aware of my microphone's quality- I have a headset given to me by my husband, he's a gamer so I'm hoping the mic quality is there. I do not have a channel devoted to voice acting, I don't have a professional reel or anything, but if you'd like to work together whether it be on this or on a future project, if you already have all the people you need, I guess maybe check out my channel, and if you like what I'm about- I'm more than willing to collaborate.

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have a deep voice so that can either be good or bad lolz but I am interested in helping you out =)

Cromartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thanks to both of you. Don't worry, I never care about the amount of subs or views-just quality. There's literally professional actors on YouTube who's channels have less than 100 subs just because it's not their focus vs. what they do in the studio. :laugh2:

That said, sadly this project just didn't gain enough traction from all the places I posted it in time so I've moved on to my plan B as I hire folks for my Star Wars one. I'll save both of your channels though for any future reference. :wink2: