[CLOSED] I'm bored so doing feedback/reviews for 5 channels

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Lilikoi Juice

[Video Quality]

Content: You have a really interesting niche that I think a very particular audience enjoys. I've had toy cars growing up too, but unfortunately am not interested in it enough anymore.
That's cool that you had toy cars when you were growing up. I don't think that there is anything gender-specific about cars. Everybody drives them!

I can tell that you have a very good understanding of what you are going to talk about.
Yes, collecting since 1998.

Suggestions/Comments: At times, I felt that you would do better with your commentaries, had you left out a piece of paper with some notes on it. This might be my personal taste but I like reviews to be fast and to the point, so sometimes I felt like you were going a bit slow.
It depends on what video you're watching but I do have a plan before I start. I prefer free-form rather than the chop-chop-chop of some videos. That being said, I have been making more videos with quicker cuts. It depends on the content and presentation

One more thing is that I think the camera position for some of your assembly videos are super awkward. I think you put it on a tripod or something (upside-down) but it looks like I'm look at what you are doing from a fish-eye and bird-eye point of view and it's hard on my eye.
Sometimes, track sets are kind of big and I want to show the whole layout.

[Channel Art]
Banner: You clearly like blue--the toy company's signature blue. Simple but to the point. It's ok.
Avatar: The banner matches the avatar well. I think it is perfect.
Thumb: Well, the images show what you will be talking about so I know what to expect.
Suggestions/Comment: I think the banner is formatted a bit off; the logo is not centered. It should improve the banner a lot by centering it. I think you might want to include some kind of text in your thumb. It's not that the thumbs are not good but it's so plain and it's not using useful advertisement space. If you put something like, "Assembly" or "Unboxing", I think it might help draw people in.
I just took my current logo and threw it on a blue background LOL! I'm sure you're right that it is off-centered. I really need to make the time to make a better banner. I have been working on my thumbnails being more zoomed into the subject since more people are watching on mobile devices. I do need to watch some YouTube tutorials on how to add text to thumbnail images. I do have a major segment that I am developing so I will need a good thumbnail that can be updated yet consistent with subsequent videos of that series.

[Video Graphics]
Intro: The intro and simple and to the point.
Outro: The outro is a great way of advertising your other videos.
Suggestions/Comment: The intro is a little boring, I guess, but other than that I think it's very good![/quote]
Many of my videos are more of a lean-back experience. Kick back and enjoy the story/presentation. I do bring out Mr. Announcerman Voice for the appropriate racing videos.

Thanks for taking the time for the review!

Reactions: Lilikoi Juice