Client Banned from Google Ads Fix

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm working with a client who had their Google Ads banned around 2005 for clicking their own ads on a blog. They now have a moderatly successful youtube channel (about triple the size of mine) and would like to run ads. Are there methods of achieving this such as creating an LLC or brand account etc? I'm told they did appeal process when they first started Youtube but had no views and it was denied. Can he move it to his wife's account without violating rules?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
You mean Google AdSense, not Google Ads.

I don't know if that would work. His name would still be on the channel, as you have to give your real name to YouTube to start one. MInors are allowed to link a parent or guardian's Adsense; so there is a chance. But: If his channel's Monetization page found at: https://www.youtube.com/account_monetization says "Your Monetization Tab has been disabled", or the Channel Features say "Monetization for this channel has been disabled", there is no chance at all; as there will be no way to link an AdSense account.

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
This is the screen shot I was sent. It wasn't through yotube that they were banned. Just through the adsense account assosicated with the email. I figured another person's adsense or like a business adsense acct would be able to be applied. Curious if anyone has experience with that

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
You could link another person's AdSense, yes; but all money from the channel would need to go into that person's bank account and not your client's, as the name on the AdSense and the payee bank account must match. Also if the invalid activity problem recurs, the secondary AdSense will then be disabled, causing bad blood between the two people, as this new person would also now be banned for life from AdSense.

Is the amount of potential revenue involved here worth either the hassle, or the potential social issues? This is what the three of you need to answer.

Reactions: zhkopec