Clicks per Subscriber Ration

SweetsAndCandy

Reaction score
The other day I was thinking about a quality indicator for your content. More specific, I thought about the ration between the number of clicks your channel has divided by the number of your subscribers. So, let's say your channel has 500000 Clicks and 3000 subscribers, clicks per subscriber ration is about 167.

The Idea is that if you have a lower ration, compared to other channels in your niche, you probably have good content, since you are able to convert many viewer into subscribers and vise versa.

However, I don't think that this is perfect indicator for content quality, since other factors such as channel size, niche, channel age, whether or not you did S4S and so on will impact this ration to.

So, what do you guys think of this indicator? what is your clicks per subscriber ratio? what do you think one can learn from such a number? Can you think of other factors influencing this ratio?

Just curious about your opinion.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have about 0.5 - 1% click/subscriber ratio, that I have about 30 clicks from my over 600 subscribers. That is when I don´t use Reddit.
If I use Reddit, I might get 20% clicks/subscriber ratio. which is sad in a way, but then again, the quality on my videos aren´t that good. so that´s maybe expected!

Reactions: SweetsAndCandy

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I average a new subscriber gained every 1,155 non-subscribed views. I don't know what to make of that. Maybe people who watch my videos aren't as likely to subscribe to channels. I'm sure most of them are kids.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The other day I was thinking about a quality indicator for your content. More specific, I thought about the ration between the number of clicks your channel has divided by the number of your subscribers. So, let's say your channel has 500000 Clicks and 3000 subscribers, clicks per subscriber ration is about 167.

The Idea is that if you have a lower ration, compared to other channels in your niche, you probably have good content, since you are able to convert many viewer into subscribers and vise versa.

However, I don't think that this is perfect indicator for content quality, since other factors such as channel size, niche, channel age, whether or not you did S4S and so on will impact this ration to.

So, what do you guys think of this indicator? what is your clicks per subscriber ratio? what do you think one can learn from such a number? Can you think of other factors influencing this ratio?

Just curious about your opinion.
If I take my total views devided by the amount of subs, I get to 324. In the kids niche, that's quite a good value I think but the more subscribers you gain, the more it will slow down. So I think this comparison will only be viable when compared to similar size channels.
Anyways, the most important thing is not subscribers but views. Views is what drives watch time and views is what drives ad revenue. YT recommendation doesn't focus on serving content you're subscribed too anymore, it focuses on the stuff you're most likely will watch next and recommend that instead! Stop wathcing your favorite channel and after a few weeks, your home screen and recommened section will be filled with other content sudfdenly. You never watch soccer? Watch a few videos of ronaldo or messi and suddenly all the Algo serves you is more Messi and Ronaldo, and very little from the creators you're subscibed to anymore.
Too many channels out there with many dead subs. Check social blade, sort it on the amount of subscribers and open a couple of them. You'll see a lot of them have very poor views for whatever reason.
Most important metric to focus on it to see what trends and make more of that. Stay relevant or accept views declining...

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
mine works out 1 sub every 221 views,
Though I don't think this is a good way to determine "quality" because my favourite videos from my favourite creators I will watch 30+ times or more! so I will actually be 'hurting' that ratio.
I am only 1 sub to them, but i probably give a few hundred views in the long term of enjoying their channel. Whereas, a channel i don't like as much, i will only give a few views for my 1 sub.