Click "ALL THE BUTTONS" too review.

Mr Gingee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, Token. Welcome. Too the place. this started off bad can we restart? we can? ok.

Hello, token i would like Ye too review me Channel as whole. I know myself what i need to improve on, thats my vocalisation, and the way i present my self. I am not as laidback as it may seem in a few of my videos, im a really up beat person never negative, and random as s**t. so, your honest opinion and my aim is too become atleast a machinima partner (realm, sport or Respawn) if not a real partner with youtube. Thankyou for taking the time. Heres the link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GingeeTheGamingGinga?feature=mhee

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Ok...so I suppose the question I have is what exactly is your angle? What's the niche you want to carve for yourself? Because looking at your channel, I see a lot of disorganization. The first thing I would suggest fixing would to make the way people view your videos on your channel like "blogger" instead of the other one. It's really the only one that makes sense, IMO, because people can see names of videos and can watch them individually instead of clicking into random playlists that they don't really know what they're getting into.

As for the content, it's really all over the place. I don't see really any consistency in what you're doing. I feel like you're taking everything that comes into your mind and you're throwing it at the wall to see what sticks. I feel like this is the problem with most start up channels. When you stick to a certain formula, that's when you'll get an audience and a fanbase. So I really believe you should figure out what formula you want to follow. If you're looking for a partnership or a contract with Machinima, you need to treat your channel professionally.

Look at other partners and Machinima affiliates and find their strengths and emulate them. Most partners follow a schedule with putting out their content. You should to. People who work with Machinima do the same. I mean, I look at Machinima as basically it's own television network, and what network would want to pick up your stuff? I'm not saying that to be harsh. I'm putting it into perspective. This is something I want you to always ask yourself.

Always improve. Look at your previous work and ask yourself how you can make it better, not how to make it the same ol' same ol'.

As for your vocalization, that's as easy as purchasing a mic and remembering to stay away from speaking too close as the volume doesn't distort. Also, don't be afraid of scrapping an entire finished product when you know it's not up to par with the rest of your work. I want that to be a constant thought in your mind: How can I improve?

So I guess, to review, here's what I think you should work on:

-Figuring out your niche. What kind of content do you want to put out?
-Put out that content. ONLY that content. Choose up to three things you want to do simultaneously, and stick to that. Anything more than that, start a new channel.
-Figure out a schedule. Do you want to post videos every day/week/month or multiple times? Do it.
-Do what works for you. Whether it's stop motion, animation, commentaries, tutorials. Figure it out and invest in upping your quality. If you want to do stop motion, invest in a better camera, lighting, and software. If you want to do commentaries, get a bad a** video recording thing that goes with that, and then get a vlogging channel. Nothing helps you get used to talking to yourself than vlogging. If you want to do animation, think of the software you need to purchase to do that, then draw something everyday. Practice literally makes perfect. And the more you do, the better you'll get. No one gets famous overnight, and no one gets great at anything immediately.
-Always be searching for ways to improve.

But that's just my two cents, take with it what you will.

Reactions: Michael

Mr Gingee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks token, But i have a new mic already XD it isnt in any of my videos, It is a good quality one from PC World. I have chosen gaming as a topic since im getting a HD capture card for christmas. As for my voice, I need too come out of my shell abit. Im actually really random and not as simple minded at i seem. But still thanks token. Take this as a "Token" of thankfulness.