Christmas on YouTube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well it is Christmas soon and a lot of people like celebrating it on their channel too, how do you celebrate Christmas on your channel and do you do anything special for Christmas in your videos?

Personally I dont bother because of the type of channel I have but if I had a vlog I am sure I would try and come up with something festive.

This might seem a little early but there are neighbours around here with their decorations up already :D

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
Well it is Christmas soon and a lot of people like celebrating it on their channel too, how do you celebrate Christmas on your channel and do you do anything special for Christmas in your videos?

Personally I dont bother because of the type of channel I have but if I had a vlog I am sure I would try and come up with something festive.

This might seem a little early but there are neighbours around here with their decorations up already :D
Christmas is the only time I give away physical things, I usually do giveaways for virtual things like game gift codes ect, but on Christmas, I give away something physical. This Christmas I am planning on an HDPVR. I'll probably make a poll here with what I'm planning.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Christmas is the only time I give away physical things, I usually do giveaways for virtual things like game gift codes ect, but on Christmas, I give away something physical. This Christmas I am planning on an HDPVR. I'll probably make a poll here with what I'm planning.
Thats rather generous of you, I would expect that to be the prize of a competition or something rather than a Christmas giveaway.

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
Thats rather generous of you, I would expect that to be the prize of a competition or something rather than a Christmas giveaway.
It is a contest. It's just I refer to them as giveaways because essentially you're giving something away to someone at the end.

I was thinking doing a giveaway on my personal account, Neakiaro. Because of adsense. It's getting some money quite fast after just getting it. So I might do a thanking/Christmas contest at the same time. It will help over the future if my audience keeps expanding.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is a contest. It's just I refer to them as giveaways because essentially you're giving something away to someone at the end.

I was thinking doing a giveaway on my personal account, Neakiaro. Because of adsense. It's getting some money quite fast after just getting it. So I might do a thanking/Christmas contest at the same time. It will help over the future if my audience keeps expanding.
I wouldnt mind entering myself if the contest isnt too hard, that's a decent prize and I am sure it will make the winner very happy. Any ideas for the contest itself?

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind entering myself if the contest isnt too hard, that's a decent prize and I am sure it will make the winner very happy. Any ideas for the contest itself?
I wasn't thinking of a video response contest, due to the fact my audience is so small that if you even make a 1 second long video response, you will probably win as so little people will enter. I was thinking of comments maybe. Any ideas yourself?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wasn't thinking of a video response contest, due to the fact my audience is so small that if you even make a 1 second long video response, you will probably win as so little people will enter. I was thinking of comments maybe. Any ideas yourself?
For a HD PVR you need something that makes them work for it IMO you dont want it to be too easy. I would say a question and answers thing might be good or trying an alternative video response out like something not really the norm in them, it is hard on YouTube, I would say some sort of referral contest, whoever gets you the most visits from their channel by linking to a specific video of yours wins but I am not 100% sure if that is trackable for you, I am sure in the video stats it tells you YouTube URLs sending you views as well as websites.

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
For a HD PVR you need something that makes them work for it IMO you dont want it to be too easy. I would say a question and answers thing might be good or trying an alternative video response out like something not really the norm in them, it is hard on YouTube, I would say some sort of referral contest, whoever gets you the most visits from their channel by linking to a specific video of yours wins but I am not 100% sure if that is trackable for you, I am sure in the video stats it tells you YouTube URLs sending you views as well as websites.
Once again, prone to bots. I DETEST bots. Urls sending to the video would work but those insights can never be accurate - and then bots. comments, same problem.

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I dunno...it's a pretty big gift...Subscriptions and comments are the easiest. Video comments have been discussed, and I agree with that. You could always do "most interesting comment," but how long will this giveaway go for? One video? The whole month? So many possibilities.

tchecoforevis

Reaction score
I've uploaded a Christmas video last year. I believe it still works for this holiday as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.