Choosing your genre

LabJapan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You must choose. But choose wisely, for the right Genre will bring you fans, the wrong one will take them away.

I started youtube 2 years ago knowing exactly what I was going to make my videos about and who my audience would be. Did I choose wisely? Well......Kinda. You see I live in a unique place in the world (Japan) and there are a few things about Japan that people like. Their video games, their anime, and their cars. Well I am sure there are more things, but these are the 3 that come to mind.

I have always been a car guy so my choice was easy. I would create videos about Japanese cars. I would attend car shows, drift events, do modifications on my own cars it would be great and would be viewed by millions around the world.......not so fast.

I really do not want to keep typing unless you all would like to read more about this subject and my opinion on it. So please leave comments bellow if you want me to keep writing.

skenkee

Mr. Blue
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's always interesting how the "bigger youtubers" got their succes. Tips etc are always more than welcome. :)

LabJapan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well every big YouTube star says that. and it is that easy don't do somthing you don't like. make videos of thing you LOVE!!! so many HUGE youtubes have said this!
Well it seems you have it all figured out, did the "big" you tubers also tell you to put that message in your signature? "if you could click on the video and let it run for 10 seconds every time you see one of my posts, your a god!" ?

Reactions: Gunero