Choosing the number of ads in your video

How many ads do you (or would you) typically put in a 10 minute video?

• Just the standard preroll

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 extra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 extra

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 3 or more extra

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I can't/don't monetise my videos

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm guessing most posters here know that if your video is 10 minutes or longer, you can put additional ads (midroll and afterwards) in your video.

The pro is obviously more ad revenue.
The con is obviously that it is off putting for viewers.

I know not everyone here makes 10 minute videos, but if you did, how many ads would you typically put in (assume your videos are exactly 10 minutes for simplicity)?

I usually put one or two extra ads in, including one at the very end, depending on how hard I've worked on the video and it's metrics (most importantly audience retention).

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You can see the number of adverts as little marks on the video timeline at the beginning. If I see something littered with those marks I kill that page straight away and go look for another video to watch. For a ten minute video I would say that is too short put an adverts in at all other than at the beginning. To have an advert half way through then your content would have to be something highly engaging like maybe the first alien landing.. And for the americans out there note that by 'Aliens' i mean ETs not peoples of less fortunate origin looking for somewhere to live.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow, that's harsh. There's heaps of YouTubers who put mid-rolls on videos barely longer than 10 minutes, most notably PewDiePie.