Choosing a channel name.

RayzorStudios

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Promoting in irrelevant forums/threads
This is one of the biggest questions asked amongst new youtubers "what should i call my channel?", "does anyone have any channel name ideas?". If you are having any problems with this then these are a few tips to help you out.

1. When choosing a channel name make it something memorable. This means DON'T add letters or numbers at the start of your name - etc xRayzorStudiox or RayzorStudio138. The easier it is for people to remember your name the easier they will find your channel.

2. Design the name around what you want your content to be. If you want to make music videos make it something with Music in it, if you want to do games you can use your gamertag or online name as your channel. Sometimes the best tactic is to just use your name - channels such as RayWilliamJohnson, Chester See work well. Even channels like Freddiew which uses his name are memorable and sucessful.

3. If you cant base your name around one of these go for the random - but still remember tip 1! channels such as Smosh or RecklessTortuga are memorable but dont really make any sense! if you can sucessfully come up with a name like this it will benefit your channel immensely.

Sorry if i missed anything - feel free to add any of your own advice below.

Promotional text removed by staff

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: Disneyboy89

Disneyboy89

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Nice! I figured a while ago I should have picked a name without a number :p

dylanmanincfanatic

If My Thought Dreams Could Be Seen...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for reading![/quote]
Had a great time reading this. Very informative, thanks for post.

Azren the Language Nerd

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I loved that advice! Personally I think something that brand new youtubers shouldn't ignore is the possibility of simply using your name as the channel name. It won't necessarily be the right decision for everyone, but sometimes we overcomplicate things and simple solutions like that get ignored. So I thought I would bring it up, maybe someone will find it useful ^^

ThioJoe

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Personally I would put your first name in your channel name, because people are going to call you whatever your channel name is. It's not a big deal if you already have a channel, but it's something to think about for new channels.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Great advice but i also have ideas for at the end of names for music, movie, technical based stuff.
after the name you would put for example CMGxStudios, CMGxProductions (no taky that's mine lool xD).
if it was for reviews it might be light CMGxReviews if it was for blogs it might be CMGxBlogs.

Also if you think it's best to have multiple accounts for different things, you're wrong. Keep to your own channel and make loads of playlists
for ages i used to make channels and became a habit and i had to grow my channel again and my revenue kept going down.
so it's best if you keep to one channel and your views will rise.

Sorry two posts in one then loool.

Reactions: 2bonic

Chalsey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Designer
I already picked Eeyore554 but i like personally

Yakiboii

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have always been using my childhood nickname Yakiboii for my usernames and such. It's IMO a catchy name and easy to remember

RayzorStudios

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great advice but i also have ideas for at the end of names for music, movie, technical based stuff.
after the name you would put for example CMGxStudios, CMGxProductions (no taky that's mine lool xD).
if it was for reviews it might be light CMGxReviews if it was for blogs it might be CMGxBlogs.

Also if you think it's best to have multiple accounts for different things, you're wrong. Keep to your own channel and make loads of playlists
for ages i used to make channels and became a habit and i had to grow my channel again and my revenue kept going down.
so it's best if you keep to one channel and your views will rise.

Sorry two posts in one then loool.
great idea man. I personally think this is very effective as well for branding you channel. As for the post about it is better to have a single account for different videos this is good and bad. Say you added music in your channel it might be a good idea to make a second channel. Other than that good tips (y)