Choose your own adventure idea.

Chandler

Liking YTtalk
Recently I've been doing videos where I walk around different places and I record them using 3D sound. They are doing fairly well, but I was thinking of trying them "Choose your own adventure" style. Basically I would record myself walking through a city and then go down as many streets as possible. Afterwards I would edit the video and use end cards to let users choose which street they'd like to go down.

I think its an interesting idea that I haven't seen anyone else do, but of course it is a lot more work for me. Do you think its a good idea? Would you be interested in videos like this?

I've seen similar kind of videos in the past so why not. The only thing is that there's a limit of 4 videos on the endcard if you only use links to videos, so be aware of it when you plan the outcomes.

I've seen it done before and it's worked well. I guess just make sure you don't have too many options - I personally would prefer less than four per video. And give it stakes, make it a real dilemma every-time the audience needs to choose.Get them invested, ya know :p

Oh, it's good idea to make every video except for the first one is unlisted, or else it kinda defeats the purpose!

Thanks for the ideas. There wouldn't really be dilemmas, because it's not really a story. I'd just be walking around different areas. I'll definitely try to keep the choices under 4, I'd probably just do 2.

Now that I think about it, I'm worried the YouTube algorithm will punish me for doing this. I don't think it likes multiple videos released at the same time and if people want to go on different paths, they'll fast forward through the video to get to the end, so they can choose another path. I imagine that will screw up my watch time.

I'd still like to give it a try atleast once, but this is worrying me.

Give it a go. I like the idea of it especially if you live in an interesting city.

Back