checking my YT video on a different accounts

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey all, so my wife and even me have different accounts on youtube. I usually like to show her on the TV (we have about 3 smart TVs) and depending where we are...bedroom, or movie theater room or 2nd living room downstairs, I show her the YT video I made on my MAIN ACCOUNT.

issue is, these are on different accounts. From what I have read, it does not count since it is on the same IP address and its completely fine. Sometimes its my wifes account, sometimes its my 2nd YT account. I mean I watch it maybe 3 or 4 times and thats about it.

I dont want to change accounts neither every time I want to see my video neither lol. so just want to make sure its ok and no harm being done. from what Ive read, no harm being done since it could be considered as "family" views. you know if you have kids, mom sister etc. But just getting a 2nd opinion

i still notice I get views on my videos so I dont think its harming anything.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi there.

If you're watching it to check it has uploaded correctly, then to be safe, you should do it via the "video manager" - Click on edit and watch it from there - ie the same screen you enter the title, description. By default, all views from there would be discounted and could never be interpreted as trying to game the system.

Reactions: AllVisuals4U

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Is accessing one of my own videos really that harmful?
I need to access own videos for answering comments and similar things.
So those "views" should just not be counted as view but otherwise not be detrimental in any way.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is accessing one of my own videos really that harmful?
I need to access own videos for answering comments and similar things.
So those "views" should just not be counted as view but otherwise not be detrimental in any way.

not sure that is what I am trying to figure out lol. Ive heard it is not since its same IP and its like multiple family members are looking at your video as "family" views lol from what ive read

but i cant 100% it.

Reaction score
I really don't think you need to worry about YouTube penalizing you for watching your own videos. In fact, in the Comments editor (on the new YouTube Creator Studio) there is a direct link to open the video that the comment is associated with. So YouTube is sending you, a creator, directly to your own video!

I often watch my own videos on several other accounts on the same computer I use to work with Creator studio. I like to see how my channel page appears to (a) a subscriber and (b) a non-subscriber. I know you can do that in Creator Studio but doing myself has produced some interesting insights, like why the subscriber count is different when viewing it under different IDs.

One thing I would caution against is clicking on any of the Adsense ads in your own videos, that is a violation of the Adsense rules and I would hate to be cut off from that very nice source of income.

Please note that these are just my own observations, I obviously don't work for Google or YouTube!

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
sense day one my better half has watched my video's from her account its never caused me any issues, she subscribed to my channel and sometimes she has already watched my new video before I even get a chance to tell her that a new video is up...lol.

if your auto playing your channel on 4 different log in from the same ip address trying to inflate your watch time they will probably remove those views and watch time but just checking your video from another log in or someone else in your household watching your video from there own account shouldn't be a issue.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to sign out/sign in to other YouTube accounts. Watch my videos in full from each account and 'like' my videos also.
I havnt done this for many years now mind but it didnt seem to give me any issue. In fact it seemed to prompt overs to like my videos also..

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
haha thanks all!! yeah I went ahead and did some research seems there is no impact as long as you dont fool the system, but from what ive read same IP address, same MAC/computer its ok. every1 watches their own videos and YT understands people have friends and families in the same house.

I think they start banning accounts when there is a bot involved giving 1000s of watch times and views from what ive read