Checking money in copyright-related side account?

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If you're contesting a copyright claim and the money is going into a side-account that will be levied out when the dispute is settled, is there a way to check how much money has gone to the side account?

Is this money still tallied in your revenue analytics as if it wasn't being suctioned off to the side?

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If I'm not mistaken, which I probably am, but I don't think you get money while your video is being claimed. Could be talking out of my a** though

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
If I'm not mistaken, which I probably am, but I don't think you get money while your video is being claimed. Could be talking out of my a** though
They changed it a while ago so that yes, you do collect money. Have no idea why they didn't implement that from the start, but at least we have it now. I read up on it and the money actually continues to carry over if you have to do multiple levels of the dispute as long as you re-dispute within 5 days, which is great.

Still though, right now it seems like there's no way to verify that you're actually getting the money back. Or at least I can't find it.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
that would be a good thing for them to implement.
id guess its still being counted in ad sense though, would be a pain for them to remove one video from the list. Just an assumption though.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
that would be a good thing for them to implement.
id guess its still being counted in ad sense though, would be a pain for them to remove one video from the list. Just an assumption though.
So I went and investigated this on old videos that have won disputes and current ones I have under dispute at the moment.

During the dispute/appeal process, your analytics will show that you are earning $0.00 on the claimed videos. Nothing.
After you win the dispute, analytics will show what that video earned each day - it is not lumped into analytics in one lump sum. Since disputes can take 60+ days, this means your payout vs your analytics month to month can get a lot of discrepancies due to getting the funds in a delayed manner, but the net total should still be fairly close between the two.

Basically, you cannot see how much money you're getting when the video is claimed. After you win, you see what it made during all the days it was claimed.

Reactions: Lightsen

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
So I went and investigated this on old videos that have won disputes and current ones I have under dispute at the moment.

During the dispute/appeal process, your analytics will show that you are earning $0.00 on the claimed videos. Nothing.
After you win the dispute, analytics will show what that video earned each day - it is not lumped into analytics in one lump sum. Since disputes can take 60+ days, this means your payout vs your analytics month to month can get a lot of discrepancies due to getting the funds in a delayed manner, but the net total should still be fairly close between the two.

Basically, you cannot see how much money you're getting when the video is claimed. After you win, you see what it made during all the days it was claimed.
okay, thanks for the updated info! :)

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well, I had one video where the dispute expired a couple days ago, but the earnings during the time it was claimed still have not appeared. I dunno if it's simply that it takes several days for the earnings to show up (I'm hoping it's that).

I sent a help email to YT support anyway just in case, but just updating in case anybody else is in my shoes in the future and wondering.
Hopefully I'll get those side-account earnings ASAP.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
They responded to my email and said the revenue would show up after the next billing cycle, in case anybody wants to know.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thanks for sharing, having a vid under dispute since a three weeks and wondered how the thing worked. So annoying that the other party isn't releasing the claim despite being in the wrong, guess letting the claim expire is better for their account standing.

Btw may I ask why you seem to be getting plenty of claims?