Checking back in after long time away

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

So after about 18 months away from YouTube as a creator, I thought I'd check back in and see how you are all doing!

18 months ago I decided I wasn't happy with my channel which wasn't growing despite 72 videos posted almost daily over a four month span, so I hid the vids and decided to step away for a bit and take stock. What also convinced me to do that was that YT had changed the requirements for monetisation to 1000 subscribers etc, and I felt like my channel wasn't going to make reaching that easy.

What are the big changes that you've seen in 18 months? Seems to me like the folks doing comedy vids, YT Kids vids and the like are still doing nicely? I recognise some of you still on here and I'm REALLY pleased you have gone from strength to strength!

Any advice for me as I re-emerge from my YT hibernation? I'll create a new channel with a different focus, although that is still to be determined.

Nonetheless, best of luck to you and I hope you are doing great! :)

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey Everyone!

So after about 18 months away from YouTube as a creator, I thought I'd check back in and see how you are all doing!

18 months ago I decided I wasn't happy with my channel which wasn't growing despite 72 videos posted almost daily over a four month span, so I hid the vids and decided to step away for a bit and take stock. What also convinced me to do that was that YT had changed the requirements for monetisation to 1000 subscribers etc, and I felt like my channel wasn't going to make reaching that easy.

What are the big changes that you've seen in 18 months? Seems to me like the folks doing comedy vids, YT Kids vids and the like are still doing nicely? I recognise some of you still on here and I'm REALLY pleased you have gone from strength to strength!

Any advice for me as I re-emerge from my YT hibernation? I'll create a new channel with a different focus, although that is still to be determined.

Nonetheless, best of luck to you and I hope you are doing great! :)

Hi, welcome back. My advice would be to upload regularly and to stick to content that follows all the community guidelines. Yt is coming down hard on "inappropriate" content and duplicate content.

Reactions: odabaco

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi, welcome back. My advice would be to upload regularly and to stick to content that follows all the community guidelines. Yt is coming down hard on "inappropriate" content and duplicate content.
Thank you Crown! That is excellent advice. I must say, there are some comedy channels where vids and movie clips are used and I wondered how they were getting away with it, but eventually they make a video about being struck off the monetisation.

Reactions: Crown