Cheap quality sound recording device

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Can you please recommend me a nice sound recording device that's not too expensive? My lens autofocus makes too much noise, so I need to record the sound separately.

Audio it's not my strong, so I'd appreciate your advice here. Thanks.

RonnocX

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depending on your style of video, I find that my phone is a really good microphone alternative... Obviously this will depend on your phone and how good it is...
The way I set it up is just have a voice recorder going, place it on the desk in front of me or on my lap (if you don't move too much) and boom! Good mic quality for basically nothing! (if you already have a phone :p )

Other than that, if your camera takes a Microphone, Rode make some really good shotgun microphones (mics that sit on top of your camera) for less than $100 :)

Reactions: Stike96

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
I've used zoom h4n pro before. But depends what kind of video you are making. I only use that for tutorial videos or review.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Are you filming outdoor? Zoom H4n are the best and affordable field recorder.
How ‘cheap’ are you looking for?
most good one start $200+ i guess.

Or you can use china made clip on or boom mics or USB microphone, and use your laptop to record without the need of extra audio interface/recorder

Edit: i just read your title twice... you’re looking for ‘cheap quality’ or ‘cheap’ but has good quality? [emoji848]

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thank you all.

aldywaanimusic haha you're right, the title is misleading, it is cheap but with good quality of course.
It's for doing comedy skits, but its more for surrounding sound, not exactly voice.

I've been reading and I think Zoom H2 or even H1 it's fine.

Nazir

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
1) Inbuild headphone mic
2) hearphone mic is also good
3) wo mic app if you record on computer screen phone mic are useful as well
so this are all already there

and there is audacity in editing and its free in windows and mac if you want to edit your sound

Reactions: Phiul
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Go for a takstar sgc-598! Incredible audio quality for $28! I used it on my last vlog and it worked tremendously!