Cheap & Easy to make Green Screen

Ray The Video Guy

Learn YouTube!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It works waaay better than most green screens :) Especially home made green screening

Gemma Carline

YTtalkPresenter - vlogger/actor/gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've checked out a few channels on here and I see so many people using sheets and blankets as green screens. (I use to do this as well) So I figured they were doing this because they didn't know of a better way, so... let me help you

If you want a cheap "do it yourself" Green Screen Follow these steps:

1. Buy Green Construction Paper

2. Buy tape

3. Tape the huge pieces of construction paper together
4. um... then tape it on your wall
5. ta daaa ^_^ lol your green screen!

You can pick up large sheets of green construction paper at your local dollar store (2 for 1 dollar). You'll need around 10 pieces or more to cover the wall and parts of the floor so you can move around freely and still be on the screen.

If you're looking for a more permanent situation, why not buy... green screen colored paint and paint your walls? ^_^

Make sure you stand a nice distance away from the screen so you don't create any dark spots ^_^

Hope this helped, hope this thread wasn't made 100,000 times already or I'm going to feel like a moron lol
wow great tips! thanks for sharing :) i have been looking into getting green screen for a background but its just too expensive for the screen... i will be trying this. Thank you!
xo

Reactions: PrettyKeli

GunsandGonads

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Very cool, We used to buy green cloth from the fabric store for $5 a metre we could fill cover a whole wall for about $15. If you want to spend more you can get those collapsible flex-out green screens off Ebay for about $70, I got mine about a year ago and I use it all the time, it works great

JDTheGuru

JD DAILY VLOGGING!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Excellent advice! but I may in the long run just paint one of my walls to act as a green screen.