Channels with 100.000 subs and over, shout you out for just 4,99$ (or so I understand)

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My English are good enough but not always efficient, perhaps I understand wrong:

2. Supporting your success

This year at VidCon we shared some exciting new products designed to grow and strengthen our communities and give you more ways to earn revenue in addition to ads, including:
  • Channel Memberships - Viewers pay a monthly recurring fee of $4.99 to get unique badges, new emojis, Members-only posts in the Community tab, and access to unique custom perks offered by creators, such as exclusive livestreams, extra videos, or shout-outs. We worked with a small group of creators to develop this service and are expanding it to eligible channels with more than 100,000 subscribers and even more creators in the coming months.
Source: youtube-creators.googleblog.com/2018/07/mid-year-update-on-our-five-creator.html

Refresh

Reaction score
Sounds like you get a shoutout if you have 100,000 subscribers or more and pay £4.99. However, whoever worded it did a poor job.

I'm pretty sure what they actually mean is that you can get a shoutout from a 100,000+ subscriber platform, as long as they like your content and think you are worthy. So it's not a guarantee. If it was that person channel would lose all credibility overnight due to recommending little Jacob and his 75th episode of Minecraft Let's play.

Reactions: videoeditgr

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think it's referring to an idea that a creator might use at some point with their subscription service of $4.99. The subscription service is similar to patreon, and many creators have a "thank you Patreon list" that they display after videos. I'd imagine this might be similar, if the creator chooses to do it. It's basically paying $4.99 to gain access to exclusive content by the creator. Usually creators want to say "thank you" somehow, and saying it through a video is one of the fastest and easiest ways.

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Usually creators want to say "thank you" somehow
that explains it better. But I think this is called a mention to supporters, not a shout out.
For 4,99 even a tiny channel wouldn;t even pick a toy cam to make an unedited shoutout,
it is humiliating price assuming that one must research and script before making a video.
But a mention in the outro titles as name list, yes, it would be ok I guess...
:)

Reactions: KatyAdelson

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
[removed by YTtalk Staff]
Yeah, when you sub to someone and they sub back. It's "the best" way to grow. Ever (it's garbage, don't do it, Youtube punishes you for dead subs). I really love when people sub to me on Twitch as well and then suddenly leave, almost as if they were upset I didn't just know to sub back...

Reactions: Refresh

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
hardly seems worth the effort
Yes and No. there are "windows" to get multiple 5 dollars from many people, I see it in photography channels where they "review" subscribers photos. People love to see their work shown by "big ones". Many people (I believe with some lower self confidence) try constantly to get a "Branded" good critique. Even worse people force comments of type "check me out, I am so good". For individuals, 5 dollars that might get "recognition from well known Photographer and Youtuber..." are nothing to pay for. The opposite offer of that is usually made to creators, now, globalize everyone to pay 5$ for "exposure"! Oh... the irony...