Channel Trailer

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How important is a channel trailer, really? I ask this because I don't really see a whole lot of channels with trailers. At least not in my niche

JollyMook

Reaction score
Ask yourself: When was the last time you actually wanted to view a channel trailer video? Do you enjoy that always auto-played vid when you click on the channel or you do you automatically pause/mute it?

I hate them personally. Maybe I'm an outliner, but I'm guessing everyone else hates them too.

Reactions: Frontier Forge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I think it depends on the niche - some it works for, I tend to watch them if a channel's primary purpose is entertainment as it gives a flavour of what the channel is offering.

Reactions: Frontier Forge

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ask yourself: When was the last time you actually wanted to view a channel trailer video? Do you enjoy that always auto-played vid when you click on the channel or you do you automatically pause/mute it?

I hate them personally. Maybe I'm an outliner, but I'm guessing everyone else hates them too.
Can't stand them, either, personally.

I think it depends on the niche - some it works for, I tend to watch them if a channel's primary purpose is entertainment as it gives a flavour of what the channel is offering.
Haven't seen a single channel with one in the blacksmith world. But some sources that iveI researched highly recommend one.

Thank you for your input, both of you

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is a good question with no correct answer:) I see a lot of channels with channel trailers though!! But anyways, i had a short trailer once but found out that one of my videos actually worked better so I got rid of my channel trailer. But for some it works, that´s for sure. I think it depends a lot on the channel trailer you make

Reactions: ThatBrickBloke