Channel trailer worth doing?

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Interesting. I would think that as well but technically it is playing and can be viewed? Unless the they can monitor if it is on the screen or have scrolled past the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe its 30-1minute watched to = a view still

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Qldking

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I think that a well made channel trailer is totally worth it. I'm a bad example since I don't have one (cause I never took the time) but I honestly need to do one ASAP.

For example, most of my views come from people that are not subscribed. I believe that having that 1 minute channel trailer could've helped me a lot to grow my sub count.

Well made trailer is not about quality but about giving the most important information/summary in 30 seconds - 1 minute!
Really looking forward to have a channel trailer and see if there's any difference in my channel

Qldking

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think that a well made channel trailer is totally worth it. I'm a bad example since I don't have one (cause I never took the time) but I honestly need to do one ASAP.

For example, most of my views come from people that are not subscribed. I believe that having that 1 minute channel trailer could've helped me a lot to grow my sub count.

Well made trailer is not about quality but about giving the most important information/summary in 30 seconds - 1 minute!
Really looking forward to have a channel trailer and see if there's any difference in my channel
Try rotating the recent published or best video you have for a while until you get one made??

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've been under the impression that YouTube has been moving away from channel trailers. When I switch into one particular view of YouTube, my channel trailer disappears, but when I switch into the old view (I have no idea which old view...the switch seems to happen randomly), my trailer comes back. :eek: I just use a regular video for it. I made sure it's one that starts out kind of quiet so I hopefully won't startle anyone with it.

If I were thinking about making a trailer right now, I don't think I would. I'd probably just use a video that isn't too loud in the beginning. :)

Reactions: GrannyGamer

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Try rotating the recent published or best video you have for a while until you get one made??

If you mean choosing a popular video as a channel trailer you must know that's a terrible idea
1. You are killing your popular video since channel trailers are only seen for a couple of seconds meaning that watch time of that video will decrease immensely
2. If the watch time of that video decreases then Youtube will stop recommending it

I already did that mistake once with my most popular video and I pretty much killed it, but I learned a valuable lesson lol

Qldking

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you mean choosing a popular video as a channel trailer you must know that's a terrible idea
1. You are killing your popular video since channel trailers are only seen for a couple of seconds meaning that watch time of that video will decrease immensely
2. If the watch time of that video decreases then Youtube will stop recommending it

I already did that mistake once with my most popular video and I pretty much killed it, but I learned a valuable lesson lol
Man. Just as soon as I thought I had youtube figured out...... didn’t think of it from that perspective. Guess I’ll be making a trailer over the weekend.

Reaction score
Its suggested in creator studio, but there are plenty of successful channels that don't bother with it, so I'm curious on people's opinions if you should have one or not?

I would think most people find the video they're looking for or are linked to it and then if they like it just hit subscribe or view the next suggested video? Wouldn't it be a small percentage that go to the channel page? And is a channel trailer really what they want to see?

I find them obnoxious and hit pause straight away when they play automatically, but maybe I'm in the minority. Let me know your thoughts.

I just recently did mine and it helped me go from 164 subs to 200 subs in a out a week! So for me it was worth it! Or atleast I think it was. I'm not 100% sure if those are good numbers but it feels good!