Channel trailer worth doing?

Robtech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its suggested in creator studio, but there are plenty of successful channels that don't bother with it, so I'm curious on people's opinions if you should have one or not?

I would think most people find the video they're looking for or are linked to it and then if they like it just hit subscribe or view the next suggested video? Wouldn't it be a small percentage that go to the channel page? And is a channel trailer really what they want to see?

I find them obnoxious and hit pause straight away when they play automatically, but maybe I'm in the minority. Let me know your thoughts.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Its suggested in creator studio, but there are plenty of successful channels that don't bother with it, so I'm curious on people's opinions if you should have one or not?

I would think most people find the video they're looking for or are linked to it and then if they like it just hit subscribe or view the next suggested video? Wouldn't it be a small percentage that go to the channel page? And is a channel trailer really what they want to see?

I find them obnoxious and hit pause straight away when they play automatically, but maybe I'm in the minority. Let me know your thoughts.
For Mine I do my top moments instead of just a lil 2 minute trailer so people can get a better Idea about what I do instead of try to pick out vids. So yeah I technically don't bother with channel trailers either.

Reactions: Farley Productions

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I feel the same way about channel trailers. Usually when I go to click on a channel I am interested in what they are creating already and am wanting to see if there is more similar content before possibly subscribing. And usually most channel trailers annoy me. Even if I think they are well made.

But I've also "heard" that channel trailers do help bring in more of an audience. How much and how often I have no idea.
To me I think having a good short video or a compilation of your work instead is as good as a channel trailer anyways. At least there is something there to help bring in a new audience.

Reactions: Fost

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
Well, the trailer is supposed to be catchy and getting the Viewers to watch and find out more about your videos. So, if you don't have the intention and time to make a great trailer video, just skip it for the moment.
If I am not mistaken, YT stated that channels with a trailer have more visibility...

Reactions: Qldking and Fost

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have a channel trailer as I thought it would be fun to make one, it is heavily outdated now so need to re do it.
I think they are quite useful but there is purpose is to grab the persons attention.
YouTube does make the channel more visible if it has a trailer on it. Doesn't need to be very long just you saying hello or something is always quite nice. Just a small introduction to any new subscriber.

Reactions: Qldking

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i find them a massive annoyance and bounce to somewhere else straight away. I notice a lot of the popular channels simply put their latest video there. Same one they show to existing subscribers too. I do the same nowadays. I did have a mini 1 minutes channel trailer but found it entirely useless.

Reactions: Fost