Channel Terminated and Appeal Rejected

sak0

Reaction score
I had a small YouTube channel with 5,000+ subscribers. It was mostly meme videos about Serbia and some other memes too. One video got false flagged as spam (all accurate tags, description, thumbnail), another falsely for graphic content and the last falsely for graphic content as well even though it was unlisted, uploaded two years ago and was a parody video, not graphic content (no violence or gore shown at all in it). I appealed the first two strikes and my appeals were rejected despite them being false reports. Now my channel has been terminated and my appeal for it to be reinstated was almost automatically rejected with no explanation as to why it's actually against the community guidelines, just that it's in violation and their decision will be upheld. Where to go from here?

This is an example of my content (actually was my most popular video). As you can see they're kind of strange but not really in violation of guidelines
can't post URLs but here's the end of it -> glr9cHI7CJU

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
First of all, having access to a channel after a channel has been terminated is grounds to get the new channel terminated.

I recommend deleting the new channel you just made. Because if you found a way to dispute the termination of your first channel, you wouldn't want that to be nullified because your 2nd channel got terminated.

I'm not sure what you could do to get Youtube to reconsider. Having a contact within a MCN that has sway with Youtube staff is already rare enough for popular Youtubers. Plus Youtube doesn't seem to give a darn what its audience says when they release big updates that no one likes.

Reactions: sak0

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'd suggest continuing to fight against this b******t.
However, in the end, if you can't win the fight, there's not much you can do.
Youtube does not at all care for individual users (especially if they don't have over 1M subs) and as sad as it is, they genuinely don't care to help you. I'm sure they would actually get rid of customer support entirely if they could get away with it

sak0

Reaction score
First of all, having access to a channel after a channel has been terminated is grounds to get the new channel terminated.

I recommend deleting the new channel you just made. Because if you found a way to dispute the termination of your first channel, you wouldn't want that to be nullified because your 2nd channel got terminated.

I'm not sure what you could do to get Youtube to reconsider. Having a contact within a MCN that has sway with Youtube staff is already rare enough for popular Youtubers. Plus Youtube doesn't seem to give a darn what its audience says when they release big updates that no one likes.
I'd suggest continuing to fight against this b******t.
However, in the end, if you can't win the fight, there's not much you can do.
Youtube does not at all care for individual users (especially if they don't have over 1M subs) and as sad as it is, they genuinely don't care to help you. I'm sure they would actually get rid of customer support entirely if they could get away with it
Okay thank you two very much. Sad to hear there's not really anything I can do, but already I thought that was probably the case so I'm not too surprised. I'm just gonna start a new channel and try to stay off their radar.

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
If you start a new channel then "YOU" ;)need to keep it off these forums. Youtube and Google are one, if you ever did blow up then Youtube might be more proactive in finding a connection. Search engines cache websites every so often.

Also if you had a direct partnership with Youtube for ad revenue then you may want to look into partnering up with a MCN if you get enough views for ad revenue again. That way you're not setting up an account with the same details as your terminated one.

I don't know enough about technology. But if I had was in your shoes & felt the same way about it, I'd possibly use sandbox VM to upload my video or maybe even an android emulator. I don't know if Youtube looks into my cookies while I'm uploading you know. Maybe they could use that to make a connection even. You just never know. They could also tie cookies to gmail account registrations. They obviously know the IP address(es).

ericshift1

Reaction score
If you start a new channel then "YOU" ;)need to keep it off these forums. Youtube and Google are one, if you ever did blow up then Youtube might be more proactive in finding a connection. Search engines cache websites every so often.

Also if you had a direct partnership with Youtube for ad revenue then you may want to look into partnering up with a MCN if you get enough views for ad revenue again. That way you're not setting up an account with the same details as your terminated one.

I don't know enough about technology. But if I had was in your shoes & felt the same way about it, I'd possibly use sandbox VM to upload my video or maybe even an android emulator. I don't know if Youtube looks into my cookies while I'm uploading you know. Maybe they could use that to make a connection even. You just never know. They could also tie cookies to gmail account registrations. They obviously know the IP address(es).
They don't really care about terminated channels unless they have several or did something really bad. It's a reason they CAN terminate you, but probably wont. @OP Try contacting partner support, I had a channel terminated for spam that I got back that way, although if you actually got 3 strikes it's harder.

You can definitely get striked for an unlisted video, but it's less common. The graphic content ones do seem odd, YouTube can sometimes remove videos for spam purely because they believe you don't have the right to distribute / monetize the material.

sak0

Reaction score
They don't really care about terminated channels unless they have several or did something really bad. It's a reason they CAN terminate you, but probably wont. @OP Try contacting partner support, I had a channel terminated for spam that I got back that way, although if you actually got 3 strikes it's harder.

You can definitely get striked for an unlisted video, but it's less common. The graphic content ones do seem odd, YouTube can sometimes remove videos for spam purely because they believe you don't have the right to distribute / monetize the material.
thanks. I'm trying to get in contact some partner support but it's always a pain. I will update if I get my channel back