Channel Tags

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
What is the maximum amt of channel tags and how does YT use this data? We make family content and are would like to eventually be on the YT kids app. We keep changing trying new relevant tags. In our space, kids channels tags tend to be all over the place.

Share your strategies and it would be great to hear from other creators or family content creators.

Reactions: Reetae27

Noir Proxy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
I have been researching this recently and it seems to not be that important. The tip videos guiding you with it never have that many subs, or views on content anyway, so it can't really work that well. A lot of big channels just have 4-5 and it is usually a their name typed in different ways. The algorithm is a mysterious beast.

Reactions: MASE

Wakanda

Reaction score
I have been researching this recently and it seems to not be that important. The tip videos guiding you with it never have that many subs, or views on content anyway, so it can't really work that well. A lot of big channels just have 4-5 and it is usually a their name typed in different ways. The algorithm is a mysterious beast.
That’s what I’m learning

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think video tags are far more important, by it's not a bad idea your channel is well tagged too. On my channel tags I have my YT channel name first and maybe after that like video categories I do often like review or something like that. But, generally I say the video tags are more important for your channel's growth.

Reactions: MASE