Channel suspended

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Welp I found out yesterday while I was not home and able to check into things that my channel is suspended. Kind of interesting how it happened just after I found out that some of the videos I make are against terms of service this last week. I was thinking about deleting all of them but idk I have to check out if I can get it back still or not.
According to the channel message:
This account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.
it was not an issue with the compilation videos itself. The issue was that you were using someone else work without their consent and they filled multiple DMCA notices (from one or several copyright holders). If you make compilations and you have permissions, you can dispute the claims or ask the copyright holders to retract their claims. If you don't, there is not much else you can do, except try to negotiate a deal with copyright holders. All in all, a tough situation. You can try to ask @Idec Sdawkminn for help - he has lot of experience dealing with copyright holders and restoring his channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1529897514,1529897263][/DOUBLEPOST]
Were you making of your videos or of other people's videos? I think Youtube is cracking down on all compilation stuff as they consider it to be duplicate content and not original enough.
In this particular case it's not YouTube cracking down on duplicate content. It was copyright holders filling in DMCA takedown notices to protect their properties. I don't know if it is a trend or something to do with the new EU laws, but recently user generated content websites are getting more and more strict on copyright and copyright holders are more and more defending their content.

Reactions: Crown

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
According to the channel message:

it was not an issue with the compilation videos itself. The issue was that you were using someone else work without their consent and they filled multiple DMCA notices (from one or several copyright holders). If you make compilations and you have permissions, you can dispute the claims or ask the copyright holders to retract their claims. If you don't, there is not much else you can do, except try to negotiate a deal with copyright holders. All in all, a tough situation. You can try to ask @Idec Sdawkminn for help - he has lot of experience dealing with copyright holders and restoring his channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1529897514,1529897263][/DOUBLEPOST]
In this particular case it's not YouTube cracking down on duplicate content. It was copyright holders filling in DMCA takedown notices to protect their properties. I don't know if it is a trend or something to do with the new EU laws, but recently user generated content websites are getting more and more strict on copyright and copyright holders are more and more defending their content.
My bad for not specifying what kind of compilation video but yes i understand why it is not okay. Before like a week ago i thought it was okay if i at least gave them credit in my description before I could get to cleaning up my channel this weekend when I actually had time my channel got shut down. Three strikes in a day doesn't really give me any time to make adjustments to how I run my channel. I can't dispute any of the videos that were flagged because they are all the compilations of clips of Instagram videos the ones that got flagged.

Rambalac

Reaction score
YouTube suspension for person, not channel, and is for life.
Once suspended it's not allowed to use, manage or create other channels.

Reactions: Carter

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My bad for not specifying what kind of compilation video but yes i understand why it is not okay. Before like a week ago i thought it was okay if i at least gave them credit in my description before I could get to cleaning up my channel this weekend when I actually had time my channel got shut down. Three strikes in a day doesn't really give me any time to make adjustments to how I run my channel. I can't dispute any of the videos that were flagged because they are all the compilations of clips of Instagram videos the ones that got flagged.
It's not okay to use someone else's creations, unless they allow it. There are many creative commons, royalty free and other materials on the Internet that you can use. Of course they are not as hot as some of the materials from Instagram and Facebook, but you can make hot them if you wish.

Anyway, you've decided to take a shortcut by using "viral" content for easy views and subscribers and it came back to you. And you did it several times, that's why the big sanction.

If you used only 1 video, there would have been only 1 strike that will expire after 90 days when you complete the Copyright school. I guess too late now.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There is a legitimate but long shot option you can try. The takedown emails display the name of the person or company that took your video down. You can try to find their email address and email them a letter saying that if they retract the takedown, you'll delete the video. The strike will be removed and the channel restored. If that doesn't work, then unfortunately the only way to get the strikes removed would be to file counter notifications, but those should only be for illegitimate takedowns, which it doesn't sound like yours were. There is no YouTube email address that will help with this.

Reactions: ASMR Amour

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
you know that thread I made about compilation videos?
I remember, I also remember you got to 8-9 hundrend and then 1000 subs and applied for monetization? I mean if your channel was reviewed
is there a possibility reviewer to spoted the last compilation videos, reported them and killed the channel? just a wild guess.

Wakanda

Reaction score
You can file counternotification on email ur only for your content.

Rambalac

Reaction score
Counter notification without real permission is called perjury, which is separate reason for suspension. Then even if strike get retracted channel will not be restored.

Last edited:

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So not only did this channel get closed but all linked channels to your email address right (IE your I assume seperate gaming channel)?
So is that you now banned for life?

Travis McP

Reaction score
I feel so bad for you. I was actually hinting at your channel in one of my posts a couple of weeks ago when I talked about how monetization review teams were looking really close at the videos on the channels that applied. I didn't want to straight up say your channel but I was thinking of you when I posted it. Mainly to be cautionary but I hate that this happened to you. You were growing so fast and doing so well.

All things considered, you are being really professional about the whole thing. Accepting your part of the issue is a great start. Follow the advice of the people in this thread and I really hope you get your channel back.

Reactions: darksmokeyt