Channel rising! What’s in my control to keep it going and what’s out of my hands?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I’m not saying its time to stamp my ticket but my channel is now getting a massive push on browse features and suggested videos. My last video somehow got to and never died down. It actually has more views now per day than the first few days which is the subscriber push.

Here’s what’s gone up

Revenue: a few cents to $4 a day
Views 500 a day to 2500 a day avg.
Watch time 3000 minutes a day to 20000 minutes a day avg.
Subs: actually I was losing subs! Now its 50 a day or more
View duration:3:00 up to 6:30 or so

Also the one video has pulled up many older videos and have brought some back from the dead. Many getting 100 views or more a day that were getting less than 10

I think that view duration is probably the most important one. But maybe I’m wrong. So here’s the Qs to you. Which of those is most important to keeping the momentum up? How much of it now is in the hands of the gods of YouTube and what can/should i do with the next video (or older videos) to keep it going and not fall back down? Also what would be the one thing to not do? That would stop things dead?

Any help Or advice welcomed. Don’t fill this up with stories of how your best video got 73 views once

Thanks!

Last edited:

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
That's great news. I just checked your stats on TubeBuddy and it looks like you had a spike in views a few days ago resulting in a spike in subs too.

If you have another video lined up, I would publish it as soon as possible to take advantage and build on that spike. It looks like the video that triggered the spike was your "Famicon Wars" video, you should take note of that and produce more videos on the topic if you can. It's clear that your viewers enjoy that kind of content.

Don't be discouraged if your spike is short lived. This happens all the time on YouTube. The important thing is that your post-spike views are a little higher than your pre-spike views. In other words, if you were averaging 500 views a day before you published the Famicon video then you will probably average 700 after.

Best of Luck with it!

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
That's great news. I just checked your stats on TubeBuddy and it looks like you had a spike in views a few days ago resulting in a spike in subs too.

If you have another video lined up, I would publish it as soon as possible to take advantage and build on that spike. It looks like the video that triggered the spike was your "Famicon Wars" video, you should take note of that and produce more videos on the topic if you can. It's clear that your viewers enjoy that kind of content.

Don't be discouraged if your spike is short lived. This happens all the time on YouTube. The important thing is that your post-spike views are a little higher than your pre-spike views. In other words, if you were averaging 500 views a day before you published the Famicon video then you will probably average 700 after.

Best of Luck with it!
Thanks, but that video is one of a kind! I will just have to think of similar topics. Timing videos is a bit tricky because of work and life. I just cant get a new vid out like its nothing. Let’s see how we go. Thanks

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I also had a one-off spike in my video views that I wasn't yet able to repeat.
It's a lucky coincidence that I released one of my videos in the right moment and this video was picked up and linked by a magazine.
This video had hundreds of views on a single day in April where even my total views per day were hardly above 100...