Channel review?

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
1. My Channel reviewed as a whole

My goal is to become partnered.

I'm looking for advice on what i'm doing wrong and how I can stop doing it also what I'm doing the correct way and honest opinion is definitely appreciated

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Ok...so here's some things I've noticed.

1. Get into the new youtube layout. Yes, I know, people don't like it, blah blah blah. But it's the future of youtube, and you need to embrace it. It will make it look like you've actually updated your stuff.

2. Titles are cool...they make me want to see more. The only thing that makes me stop and say "whoa! Hold on a minute!" is the vlog day labels. It's unnecessary. If you really want to tell people what day you're vlogging, do it in the description bar. Even with an engaging title, people usually don't like jumping in the middle of a series of something, even vlogs...and people, with their natural interest in starting things at the beginning, will definitely be off-put by "vlog#44." So keep that in mind.

3. Your vlogging style reminds me a lot of Charles and Ally Trippy's style of vlogging. I'm not really into that kind of vlogging style, but looking at it objectively, here's why I think their vlog works and yours...well...at least to me...doesn't: they have the benefit of being able to look at things from at least two perspectives at almost all times. They're able to bounce off of each other, so no matter how mundane the activity, they can spice it up by bringing their relationship into the fray. With you, you have the disadvantage that it's...well, just you. Now that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel to succeed in this format you need to really engage your audience. Grab them quickly and get a stranglehold on their attention, or else they'll inevitably lose intrest and go to something else.
With that said, I believe your length may be too long. I might suggest honing in what you're doing into something a little more concise.
With the dynamic you have now, I don't see a very fast growth, but the growth you do get will be extremely loyal to you. If that's what you want, just go to point #4. If not, continue...
Maybe you should just conclude your vlogs into one walkaround with no cuts (kind of how Toby Turner does his "Lazy Vlogs") or try a sit down vlogging approach. Don't take it the wrong way, but most people only find daily vlogs interesting if the person is either a) extremely funny and entertaining the whole way through or b) doing something extremely different and interesting every day.
Think about this: instead of doing a vlog like the one you're doing, you take everything you've done for the day and sit down when everything's winding down and review on what you found most interesting (example here:
). Instead of footage with you walking to the door to walk your dog, you're talking about how the Portishead interview you watched impacted you in detail. Instead of focusing too long on popcorn, you're giving your review and opinions on The Count of Monte Cristo, all while eating dark/white chocolate chip cookies.

4. Watch your videos over and ask yourself objectively, "If I were surfing online and I saw this, would I really want to dedicate five minutes to any of these videos? Or is there something better for me to do?" If the answer is ever "no," figure out what you like to see and try to incorporate that in what you do. If you like watching TV, consider doing some TV recaps or reviews during your vlog. Or if you're in school, consider fun ways to talk about the stuff you're studying. Always be improving. And the only way to improve on YOUR channel is to improve doing whatever you love to do.

You're on a good path. Just keep improving and you're well on your way.

But hey, that's just my two cents. Take with it what you will.

JostenVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
thanks a lot for the help I'll definitely take all of those into consideration

JostenVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Me 2 man. The first time I heard them It was unbelievable. The singer beth she is an interesting person.

Scottie P

Reaction score
Mmmm Dodger, love her.... Nice videos man, I think token made a lot of good points. Question though, where is my 2TB hard drive??? Keep up the vids man, happy holidays!

JostenVlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
lol thanks a lot man I appreciate that. Your hard drive is on the way :cool: