Channel review

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
1. Could you review the channel as a whole please?

2. My goal is to be a successful vlogger/video producer on YouTube. I'd like to entertain as many people as possible. Being a partner isn't important but I'd like to have as wide an audience as possible.

3. I would like reviews on everything really, lighting, audio, the lot. I know my audio isn't the best but, you know whatever :p

Thanks in advance

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Ok...So, what program are you using to edit your videos?

I think your channel needs a little more direction. A structure, if that makes any sense. Try figuring out what you want to talk about before you actually start filming.

Also, try some jump cuts. It takes away filler, and makes things more interesting to watch.

I watched your "Video for a Video" video (lol video x3), and I feel like you're kind of offending your audience, because you talk about your real life friends. Just picture us as "friends" and call your real life friends "friends." It works much better and won't get other people to feel uneasy watching. People watch vlogs because it lets people feel like they know the person they're watching, like they're becoming a friend to them. The fantasy starts getting destroyed once you start talking about how they don't know you and you have real life friends out there. Does that mean we aren't your friends? Does that make sense? Why would someone subscribe to you if you don't even take them seriously as a person? Whether you should or not is irrelevant. It's all about the perception.

Also, whether you're looking for partnership or not...try to find a schedule and stick to it. Figure out a convenient time to vlog and try to do that constantly, like once a week or so. That way, you'll connect deeper with your audience, because they'll see you more often and will begin to look forward to seeing you on the days you're supposed to post.

Your audio is fine. Don't worry so much about that. Lighting is good for a vlog. The camera could be better, but isn't that the story of most of our lives? Either think of investing in one of those if you want to do more outdoor things, or a HD webcam if you want to continue vlogging.

As for getting a loyal audience...like I said earlier, I feel like your channel is a little all over the place. I think if you want to strengthen your audience, you need to focus on what exactly you want out of your channel. For instance, let's say you want to make this into a vlog channel...everything you do, needs to be in vlog format. Like the Cinnamon Challenge, for example. It should have your commentary in there, mixed in with shots of the three of you doing the cinnamon challenge...it would have made for a much more interesting watch...as I was kind of confused on what was going on. Plus, it was all unedited, so it kind of dragged.

All in all, you have a solid idea, and it looks like you have a growing fanbase, just hone your skills and be more serious about your work, and more people will come.

But hey, that's just my two cents. Take with it what you will.

P.S.
If you want to build a fanbase, don't ever put down in your "thank you" video that you may or may not make anymore videos...or do that in any video for that matter. Why would I follow you if you're just going to quit on me?

Reactions: Michael

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah thanks for that :D
I was thinking of splitting everything up and having more than one channel but I wasn't sure if it'd be worth it. Do you think that would be the best thing to do then?

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'd say so. Make one channel for personal stuff, that you want to share to people you really care about (or care about you, because there's always a trickle effect, your biggest fans will find you somehow), and keep a professional channel for your serious work.