Channel Review

JustinT

Reaction score
If someone could review my channel it would be great! Let me know on improvements or what you would like to see. Looking for feedback before i post once a week so my content is better

Oscelle

Reaction score
Hey so before I start I just want to say that everything in my review is my opinion and if you disagree with anything, feel free to ignore it. That being said, let's get into the review.

Videos: Starting off with the actual videos, I think the biggest problem with your videos is the lack of storytelling. In your first and third videos the problem is that there is no introduction or explanation at the start of the videos to explain what's going on meaning that as a viewer we are thrust into the middle of a story without really knowing what is going on meaning that as the viewer we have to try and pick up the pieces and fit them together ourselves to try and understand what is happening. In the second video, although you do explain what is happening at the beginning of each activity, the time spent on each activity is way less than the explanation which makes it feel almost like there is no middle or end to each story which means that the video almost becomes you telling the camera what you are going to do periodically throughout the day without you really showing you doing anything, which gives the video a jagged, staggered feeling and it means that the video doesn't flow nicely or feel coherent. At times it feels like you say something, forget to vlog for a bit realise and then scramble onto the next thing.

I think you should dedicate more time to telling a complete,, coherent story in each video. A story that has a proper introduction, climax and ending. If you're going to do something, explain beforehand what you are going to do, then vlog or take b-roll of you actually doing the thing and then afterwards, have a conclusion and give your thoughts on what you just did. I personally think it would be better for you to vlog one event properly than to vlog the whole day but not tell a proper story. So yeah, better storytelling would be my main focus point if I was you...

Banner: The banner design is simple and nice. Only things are I don't really like the texture on the background. I think it would look nicer if the whole banner was just a single block colour. Also you haven't aligned it correctly so the space between the top line and the top of the banner and the bottom line and the bottom of the banner aren't equal. So right now it feels like something is missing from the bottom. So fixing this would make the banner seem more balanced. One more thing that I noticed is that your channel name is JustinAbroad without a space and on your banner it says Justin Abroad with a space so they are not the same so I would change either one or the other to make them the same to have a constant branding

Thumbnails: I like your thumbnails, especially your first and third video's thumbnails. They are simple but convey an emotion to an onlooker. I personally don't like the text on the second thumbnail because I am a big believer that a picture is worth a thousand words so if you can have a thumbnail without any text at all that can convey the same emotions to the onlooker I personally think it will look cleaner and better. So yeah... I would personally try to use thumbnails without words but the most important thing is to keep the thumbnails looking consistent

Channel Icon: Your channel icon is ok but you can't really see much in it, because your face is so zoomed out in it. I would suggest using a profile shot of your face where you can more easily make out the details in your face, just so people know from a quick glance that it is your channel

Titles: The titles are ok, they don't really stand out, but in the age of clickbait, not many things stand out anymore. I think that as long as they convey what's happening in the video and aren't misleading I won't really have anything bad to say

SEO and promotion: Whatever you're doing, keep doing it. I don't know what you're doing (I want to though...(wink wink...)) but it seems to be working.... You're getting you're videos infront of a large number of people which gives you a greater chance of garnering a larger audience as your videos become better and better

I hope this helps. As I said in the beginning, feel free to ignore anything you disagree with; they are just my opinions and not law and at the end of the day it's your channel. And with that I wish you all the best with your channel

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As far I as see, your channel is kinda okay I guess. Your don't have any description in your about section to let the viewers know what your channel is all about. When I first come across your channel, what confused me is the name and the channel art itself. Is your video about travelling? If so, there isn't much video portraying it except for your first video.

Also when I see your description, you have like three websites that link to the donation page. Isn't that overkill? One should be fine otherwise people will see your channel is just focusing on trying to make money and not towards passion making a video.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I go to your channel and have no idea whats its about .... I leave ...

JustinT

Reaction score
As far I as see, your channel is kinda okay I guess. Your don't have any description in your about section to let the viewers know what your channel is all about. When I first come across your channel, what confused me is the name and the channel art itself. Is your video about travelling? If so, there isn't much video portraying it except for your first video.

Also when I see your description, you have like three websites that link to the donation page. Isn't that overkill? One should be fine otherwise people will see your channel is just focusing on trying to make money and not towards passion making a video.
I love the feedback. I organized my channel again. I have been unsure of what i wanted and since my channel blew up recently and 150 subs in 2 days im trying to make it better. Can you look at my channel again and see if its better? i just need to update the banner but i dont know where[DOUBLEPOST=1536429560,1536426943][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey so before I start I just want to say that everything in my review is my opinion and if you disagree with anything, feel free to ignore it. That being said, let's get into the review.
I appreciate the feedback! Yes i use Google adwords for my keywords. I updated my channel like i said. I will work on my videos for now on. First time doing YouTube and its been a hit, so trying to make my channel better. The next video i put out will be a better story teller.[DOUBLEPOST=1536429605][/DOUBLEPOST]
I go to your channel and have no idea whats its about .... I leave ...
How could i make it better with what i have?

PMW

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its hard to get in he prank side of youtube but its how a lot of big youtubers started honestly but i would reccomend some longer videos to be honest.