Channel Review

Chicken Tendies

Reaction score
A while ago I had my Channel reviewed and I had some really helpful feedback. Since then I like to think I have changed up my editing style and have some more funnier edits.
The areas of feedback I feel I really need is Content, Thumbnails, and Channel design.
I have thinking about renaming my channel for a while but not actual go down to doing it.

Thanks

TMDSkates

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Your thumbnails are really great, the only thing i can recommend is maybe adding some drop shadow to the text to make it pop out more.

Content is decent overall, i find your videos to be comedic and entertaining, and i personally like them a lot. I cant really give you any recommendations, but i like your content.

As for channel design, the only thing that may need to be updated a bit is your banner. Some of the text fades in with the background, and so i recommend again, adding a drop shadow to your text so it stands out a bit more. Other than that, your stuff looks really amazing.

P.S. Dont change your channel name, its really easy to remember. :)

Reactions: Chicken Tendies

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey there!
I've just checked your channel out and i've broken your requests into sections (Please dont think im being to harsh, it's all suggestive and if you dont want to take this advice feel free to ignore me) xD

Channel name - "Chicken Tendies" is memorable and feels good...I just wonder whether you could maybe tie it more into gaming considering thats your genre (Chicken tendies to me sounds more like a food channel than a gaming channel) Maybe tweak your name to "Chicken Tendies - Gaming" or something like that...it'll help your SEO along with also making you more specific to the type of content your trying to make.

Thumbnails - Its good that your thumbnails are colourful and that they're pretty tied into the content of your video. Though I would maybe strip them back a bit. Your "Shovel Knight - Co-Op" thumbnails are brilliant because they're fairly minimalist but theres big lettering telling the viewer what the video is and its colourful. that kind of a template would be ideal for your kind of content. i'd also consider trying to incorporate your channels name/branding into your thumbnails in some way as when your video is embedded it'll make it stand out more that the video is your content. in short; dont overcrowd your thumbnail, keep it basic and with large text and try to incorporate some kind of unique branding into the thumbnails to more closely connect it to your channel.

Channel design - Biggest problem I can see, Your channel art. it's better than some i've seen but if im being honest and not to be rude man, it's not too good. For a starters the Grammer is wrong, you've put "We Play Games Should we, No" though it should be "We play games, Should we? No." it also needs a drop shadow on it because at the moment it's quite difficult to read against the backdrop. I'd also maybe make it a little bit smaller so it can all fit on one line and i'd maybe add an additional line about when you upload or images of the social media you use. I would also look at potentially designing a logo for your channel and incorporating it into your channel art (Again aiding in creating a closely tied together Brand identity) And also always search for High resolution images when it comes to creating your channel art banner. The skeleton (I think its a skeleton) and the knight are too Low res and arnt really cropped to optimise your desktop view of your channel. when you source images (If you do so via google) always make sure you set the image size to "Large" as it'll provide you with high resolution images. Honestly; I'd start from scratch with the channel art maybe carrying a few elements across (Like the slogan) but it could really do with a bit of tweaking to optimise it for its best use (Try looking up "The Rule of thirds" it may help you in structuring your placements and your design style)

I'd also maybe add a bit more to your description other than "Subscribe because im sad" Its a good little gag, but youtube partly ranks your channel based on the "About" section so it helps to make it as detailed as possible in terms of what your channel does, your upload schedules and the type of youtuber you are. the keywords you enter in this section can make the difference between your channel being ranked on the first page and disapearing into the ether. Also I would maybe post more to your instagram and Twitter as they're both pretty much empty (Hashtags can help draw traffic from Twitter and Instagram to your youtube channel so make sure to post your latest video out to both of these with the appropriate hashtags and watch them subscribers rain man!

Reactions: Abdullahx9000

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey there!
I've just checked your channel out and i've broken your requests into sections (Please dont think im being to harsh, it's all suggestive and if you dont want to take this advice feel free to ignore me) xD

Channel name - "Chicken Tendies" is memorable and feels good...I just wonder whether you could maybe tie it more into gaming considering thats your genre (Chicken tendies to me sounds more like a food channel than a gaming channel) Maybe tweak your name to "Chicken Tendies - Gaming" or something like that...it'll help your SEO along with also making you more specific to the type of content your trying to make.

Thumbnails - Its good that your thumbnails are colourful and that they're pretty tied into the content of your video. Though I would maybe strip them back a bit. Your "Shovel Knight - Co-Op" thumbnails are brilliant because they're fairly minimalist but theres big lettering telling the viewer what the video is and its colourful. that kind of a template would be ideal for your kind of content. i'd also consider trying to incorporate your channels name/branding into your thumbnails in some way as when your video is embedded it'll make it stand out more that the video is your content. in short; dont overcrowd your thumbnail, keep it basic and with large text and try to incorporate some kind of unique branding into the thumbnails to more closely connect it to your channel.

Channel design - Biggest problem I can see, Your channel art. it's better than some i've seen but if im being honest and not to be rude man, it's not too good. For a starters the Grammer is wrong, you've put "We Play Games Should we, No" though it should be "We play games, Should we? No." it also needs a drop shadow on it because at the moment it's quite difficult to read against the backdrop. I'd also maybe make it a little bit smaller so it can all fit on one line and i'd maybe add an additional line about when you upload or images of the social media you use. I would also look at potentially designing a logo for your channel and incorporating it into your channel art (Again aiding in creating a closely tied together Brand identity) And also always search for High resolution images when it comes to creating your channel art banner. The skeleton (I think its a skeleton) and the knight are too Low res and arnt really cropped to optimise your desktop view of your channel. when you source images (If you do so via google) always make sure you set the image size to "Large" as it'll provide you with high resolution images. Honestly; I'd start from scratch with the channel art maybe carrying a few elements across (Like the slogan) but it could really do with a bit of tweaking to optimise it for its best use (Try looking up "The Rule of thirds" it may help you in structuring your placements and your design style)

I'd also maybe add a bit more to your description other than "Subscribe because im sad" Its a good little gag, but youtube partly ranks your channel based on the "About" section so it helps to make it as detailed as possible in terms of what your channel does, your upload schedules and the type of youtuber you are. the keywords you enter in this section can make the difference between your channel being ranked on the first page and disapearing into the ether. Also I would maybe post more to your instagram and Twitter as they're both pretty much empty (Hashtags can help draw traffic from Twitter and Instagram to your youtube channel so make sure to post your latest video out to both of these with the appropriate hashtags and watch them subscribers rain man!
Hey man! Can you explain the Twitter Hashtag part a little more?

Reactions: TYTD

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey man! Can you explain the Twitter Hashtag part a little more?
Sure man no worries, So on Twitter you can use Hashtags to make your post more easily visible to people searching for the kind of content your producing :) So for example: I do movie and film reviews so when I post my latest video up on Twitter I always try to include the hashtags: #Movies #Moviereviews #Filmreviews #Badmoviereviews because then it means people looking for movie reviews can search that Hashtag on twitter and find my post along with other similar content that use those hashtags nice and easily. if your a smaller channel you can also take advantage of the #Smallyoutuber #Smallyoutubearmy hashtags which allow smaller youtube channels to group together and work together in helping to drive traffic to each others youtube channels :)

Reactions: Abdullahx9000

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sure man no worries, So on Twitter you can use Hashtags to make your post more easily visible to people searching for the kind of content your producing :) So for example: I do movie and film reviews so when I post my latest video up on Twitter I always try to include the hashtags: #Movies #Moviereviews #Filmreviews #Badmoviereviews because then it means people looking for movie reviews can search that Hashtag on twitter and find my post along with other similar content that use those hashtags nice and easily. if your a smaller channel you can also take advantage of the #Smallyoutuber #Smallyoutubearmy hashtags which allow smaller youtube channels to group together and work together in helping to drive traffic to each others youtube channels :)
Thank you a TONS for the explanation! I was wondering why no one ever saw my tweets on twitter xD I will try it out and see if there is any improvements. Thank you once again!

Reactions: TYTD