Channel Review Please?

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had a short hiatus from Youtube and now I'm getting back into it I'd like a review of my channel in general, just to know how I can improve and make the most out of my channel?
I'd just like to know what I'm doing/have done well and what needs improvement or a complete overhaul! Be as brutal and and honest as you like!
The only way to learn is through feedback!

Thanks in advance! :)

Busu Gamers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello there Hildandia !

First off I just want to say that you have a very wonderful voice! So I think you already have a great start on the channel just with that.

I can’t really say that I am an expert at Music channels (I hope that I got what you are aiming for at least), but being a youtube user for quite some while now, I defiantly have a couple of subscriptions with various singers and musicians that I like. They have all have their strengths and weaknesses but they also have many things that they do in common a lot of times and here is where my opinion comes in.

While browsing your channel I noticed that a lot of your music contains a static background while the audio is playing. I’m not saying that this is a bad thing, but youtube being a largely visual format, I think its important to have something interesting going on in the video to lock the viewers attention. From what I have seen from other channels, most people seemed to remedy that situation with face cams, and personally I think this is a really great move, since it gives a face to the lovely voice who is singing. But if your too shy or do not feel comfortable or do not have the necessary equipment to do such a thing there are other options to make or request a personal moving background from someone.

I hope this helped a little XD, if you don’t really think this is good advice you can completely ignore it as well, I’m more of a graphic designer then a musician.

Reactions: Bethanyjbee

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello there Hildandia !
While browsing your channel I noticed that a lot of your music contains a static background while the audio is playing. I’m not saying that this is a bad thing, but youtube being a largely visual format, I think its important to have something interesting going on in the video to lock the viewers attention. From what I have seen from other channels, most people seemed to remedy that situation with face cams, and personally I think this is a really great move, since it gives a face to the lovely voice who is singing. But if your too shy or do not feel comfortable or do not have the necessary equipment to do such a thing there are other options to make or request a personal moving background from someone.
Thank you very much! The whole static background thing is something that I'm working on, and I actually recorded a song today with a camera showing my face while singing! Something I'm usually too shy to do but it is something I'm working on!
All of your advice was really great, Thank you very much :)

Busu Gamers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you very much! The whole static background thing is something that I'm working on, and I actually recorded a song today with a camera showing my face while singing! Something I'm usually too shy to do but it is something I'm working on!
All of your advice was really great, Thank you very much :)

Not a problem at all !

Also, this just struck me as well while I was just checking out an artist that I liked on youtube, adding a little silly skit in the middle of your youtube video would be awesome as well.

There is a South Korean singer I like to watch a lot of time called “Raon Lee” and if I recall in one of her vocal cover’s “SILHOUETTE” she adds bits of video’s of her being silly here in there. I personally love these types of touches in videos. Mainly because it really shows the personality of the creator.

Reactions: Bethanyjbee

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not a problem at all !

Also, this just struck me as well while I was just checking out an artist that I liked on youtube, adding a little silly skit in the middle of your youtube video would be awesome as well.

There is a South Korean singer I like to watch a lot of time called “Raon Lee” and if I recall in one of her vocal cover’s “SILHOUETTE” she adds bits of video’s of her being silly here in there. I personally love these types of touches in videos. Mainly because it really shows the personality of the creator.
I'll check it out! Thanks :)

Reactions: Busu Gamers