Channel Review (overall)

MellishGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone I was wondering about how my channel is going. Id like to know how my thumbnails are and how long should my videos be. I have imporved my channel thumbnails ALOT since last time i posted here in my opinion. As well as my channel art, I was wondering if theres anything i can improve on overall. let me know :) Channel Link

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey! I checked out your channel and I honestly really like your thumbnails. They look super clean and professional. With that being said, I noticed that the black text is a bit hard to read, so possibly putting a white outline/glow around the text would make it stand out more I think. Same with the pictures in the thumbnail. I think putting either a glow, outline, or even a drop shadow would make it pop more and not have it hide in the background. I watched your latest video and I actually really liked it so your video quality I think is spot on. Especially your audio! Overall I think your channel is great, it’s really appealing and you have some great content. Best of luck!

MellishGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! I checked out your channel and I honestly really like your thumbnails. They look super clean and professional. With that being said, I noticed that the black text is a bit hard to read, so possibly putting a white outline/glow around the text would make it stand out more I think. Same with the pictures in the thumbnail. I think putting either a glow, outline, or even a drop shadow would make it pop more and not have it hide in the background. I watched your latest video and I actually really liked it so your video quality I think is spot on. Especially your audio! Overall I think your channel is great, it’s really appealing and you have some great content. Best of luck!
Thank you! I will see what i think about the shadow or outline. thank you again Brett.

PreetiSketch

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! I just had a look at your channel and I like that your branding is consistent throughout your channel. I like the slightly transparent black bar across the top of your recent thumbnails. It looks more appealing with it than without. If it was me I'd be tempted to add the half black half red design of your banner into the thumbnails too. Maybe where you've put the video number, you could have a black triangle in the corner and make the number red. It would make it stand out more in my opinion. Also, maybe you could have different variations for different games? Also, for your banner I think it might look better without the white glow on your logo. I think it would look cleaner and more modern? That's just my opinion anyway. But good luck with your channel!

MellishGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! I just had a look at your channel and I like that your branding is consistent throughout your channel. I like the slightly transparent black bar across the top of your recent thumbnails. It looks more appealing with it than without. If it was me I'd be tempted to add the half black half red design of your banner into the thumbnails too. Maybe where you've put the video number, you could have a black triangle in the corner and make the number red. It would make it stand out more in my opinion. Also, maybe you could have different variations for different games? Also, for your banner I think it might look better without the white glow on your logo. I think it would look cleaner and more modern? That's just my opinion anyway. But good luck with your channel!
Hey thank you for the comments and advice :) Ill keep it in mind

Reactions: PreetiSketch

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I love the way your channel is going. Just a couple of tips (I didn't read others comments as to not have a bias). On your thumbnails I would try using white text on the red backgrounds instead of black. I know that's your color scheme so maybe add an outline of black around the white text. I would recommend the same with your logo as well, red and black is a great combo but without a highlight color like white its rough to see. I like your logo so much that I am going to redsign it in Photoshop myself for fun. If it turns out nice I'll send it to you and you are more than welcome to use it.

PreetiSketch

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love the way your channel is going. Just a couple of tips (I didn't read others comments as to not have a bias). On your thumbnails I would try using white text on the red backgrounds instead of black. I know that's your color scheme so maybe add an outline of black around the white text. I would recommend the same with your logo as well, red and

Last edited:

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey everyone I was wondering about how my channel is going. Id like to know how my thumbnails are and how long should my videos be. I have imporved my channel thumbnails ALOT since last time i posted here in my opinion. As well as my channel art, I was wondering if theres anything i can improve on overall. let me know :) Channel Link
Here is what I was able to come up with, I hope you like it.

Attachments

Bruman

Well Known Pampaw
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh wow thank you! No one has ever tried to redraw my art before so that would be amazing to see!! I havent tried seeing how white text would look so I'll give that a try. Thank you again
I was actually talking to mellish but If you'd like me to try yours as well I don't mind
I actually think your logo is beautiful