Channel Review now until the end of June (maybe even more!)

Wakanda

Reaction score
That seems to be the biggest incentive now; but that isn't how it used to be. I still don't think YouTube is trying to slow monetization in order to discourage applications to the YPP. Have a look at this excerpt from the official YouTube Blog.

"The next big steps for creator monetization

YouTube lets creators connect with their community and gives them the opportunity to earn money while doing what they love. Thanks to advertisers, creators around the world have been able to build businesses, creating an entirely new global economy that’s seen incredible growth. The number of creators earning five figures a year is up by 35 percent and the number of creators earning six figures is up by 40 percent. As in previous years, the vast majority of the revenue is coming from our advertising partners. We’ll continue investing here, but we also want to think beyond ads. Creators should have as many ways and opportunities to make money as possible."

Does this paragraph, straight out of the mouth of YouTube Admin, sound like it is trying to discourage people from joining the YPP? Here is the link to the entire post.
The post tells you nothing

Absolutely NOTHING because you don’t know the exact number of the high earners or their ratio to that of the rest. So you can’t tell whether Youtube is paying channels more or less as a result of information contained in this post.

What you can reasonably guess for sure is,top earners are extremely few. It’s a pyramid; the higher you scale the earning ladder,the fewer they are.

Let me repeat myself.
Last year around July I read of top digital advertisers slashing their advertising budget. Specifically Proctor and Gamble. It leads and others follow. When companies cut costs they cut revenues of other companies. And when a company loses revenue,to maintain the same level of profit they cut costs.

Say Online advertising dropped by $100M. YouTube takes revenues hit of $100M. This is regardless of the number of channels or videos uploaded. It just lost $100M. Remember that for every $100M Youtube makes, it keeps $45M. So Youtube just lost $45M. How do they maintain profitability? By slashing costs by $45M. YouTube costs are mostly cost of hosting all those videos,and it can be high given videos are huge. So Youtube which permits everyone to upload anything has a problem. Thousands are still uploading stuff and their costs are rising. How do you stop or slow them down?

Again,
YouTube actions (not mere words) so far ,from raising the threshold for monetization,to aggressive demonetization,and delaying monetization ...all suggest Youtube is not interested in further monetization. Why’s that? Monetization works against their bottom line and I can’t think of any other reason apart from incentivizing uploading and thereby hosting costs.

Let’s be honest; it’s either Youtube is attracting content creators or pushing them away. What do you think is happening at the moment? Who wants to join an indefinite waiting list promising good pay some day that you may lose on some nigh arbitrary grounds?

Last edited:
Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
YouTube is a huge business
May i disagree with that? :) I don,t think so because huge business have all subjects covered have stable financial and attitude policies and most of all clear economics (at least public with all controversial issues covered...) Youtube gets injections from Google if i am not wrong and until now work with losses. Huge business have primarily profits.[DOUBLEPOST=1530306189,1530305527][/DOUBLEPOST]
The number of creators earning five figures a year is up by 35 percent and the number of creators earning six figures is up by 40 percent.
As long as there is no official record, this is relevant. Six figures are 100.000 six figures are and a million minus a dollar/euro/whatever :)

If i was going to quote and point something from those words this would be this:

As in previous years, the vast majority of the revenue is coming from our advertising partners. We’ll continue investing here, but we also want to think beyond ads
Beyond ads. Other means of income for Youtube it self. Creators may use advertisers (and vice versa) but maybe YT will be just the ruler between them while also being busy to create a profitable platform for itself either with RED or TV or whatever else that I am not familiar with... :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@videoeditgr You forgot the second sentence in that sequence which was, and I quote again...
Creators should have as many ways and opportunities to make money as possible.
Not just YouTube; YouTube Creators.

@Wakanda You seem to forget again, that the greater proportion of the advertisers who left, have now returned, in spite of a second "leaving spree". The monetization delay has ostensibly been declared at an end; and I for one, am content to wait and see what happens.

And again, you have only taken a piece of the excerpt I posted, and most likely failed to go and read the whole post as I suggested. They weren't simply talking about the percentages earning the mega-money figures, but doing projections for sources of future earnings for all approved members of the Partner Program.

Believe what you want. I guess in your world, monetization is on the brink of disappearing forever, except for those at the top of the pyramid. I will believe that when it actually happens.

I need to get some rest now, all...good night.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
May i disagree with that? :) I don,t think so because huge business have all subjects covered have stable financial and attitude policies and most of all clear economics (at least public with all controversial issues covered...) Youtube gets injections from Google if i am not wrong and until now work with losses. Huge business have primarily profits.
Certainly you may ;).
May I also disagree with you?
The world is full of examples of huge businesses that make a loss unfortunately. Airlines, car manufacturers, banks (above ALL banks!!!!). Building a business to be very large is a huge challenge, making it profitable is quite a different challenge. A client of mine has a business with almost 70,000 employees and he has a saying "turnover is vanity....profit is sanity".
Don't get confused between a huge business and a healthy business. I would much rather have the latter.

Lion Heart

Reaction score
Question:

My channel has reach 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours watch in 12 May 2018,
then youtube has tell me for monetisation:
We are currently moving through pending YouTube Partner Programme applications and are hoping to get caught up by the "end of June"
and today is 30.06
Got NO REPLY.
Today I have 2359 Subscribers, 11,723 Hours and they added reply in end of june in april as I have search, so will I wait for more two months for monetisation activate!!!
or they may reply in july![DOUBLEPOST=1530352814,1530352785][/DOUBLEPOST]Question:

My channel has reach 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours watch in 12 May 2018,
then youtube has tell me for monetisation:
We are currently moving through pending YouTube Partner Programme applications and are hoping to get caught up by the "end of June"
and today is 30.06
Got NO REPLY.
Today I have 2359 Subscribers, 11,723 Hours and they added reply in end of june in april as I have search, so will I wait for more two months for monetisation activate!!!
or they may reply in july!