Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Channel Review now until the end of June (maybe even more!)

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Monetization & Partnership Forum' started by UnboxingSve, May 4, 2018.

1. UnboxingSve
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $26
    What is wrong with youtube? Every month they are posting a new deadline for channel reviews. If they have too many channels passing the threshold for partner program then they should think before about this and hire more people. I cannot believe what kind of ridiculous company postpone something important like this review for more than half year for some people.
    "We are currently moving through pending YouTube Partner Program applications and are hoping to get caught up by the end of June. Thanks for your continued patience."

What are your thoughts on this stupid postponing? Even for June, they are "hoping to" this is so unserious by one large company like YouTube.

2. TheSwedishTraveler
    I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
    Cash:
    $255
    It feels like they didn´t think that through properly! For some youtubers, those months could mean everything!
    I have don´t have that problem yet, since i´m far off of getting the monetisation, but I can imagine that it´s rough to wait for it!

3. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $211
    I wonder if they are prioritising channels?
    Say a channel yesterday applied and is a 3 year old channel that ticks over and has just barely made the cut that might be missing out on $50/month earnings.
    Compared to a 3 month old channel that applies today that has exploded with subs/views that could already be missing out on $1000s/month earnings.
    First come first served or biggest outstanding channel (Regardless of application date) first?

videoeditgr likes this.
  4. UnboxingSve
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $26
    The worst thing is that I think they are not even prioritizing. I saw some channels having 100k plus subscribers and millions of views (don`t ask me how they "unpartnered" - by some mistake from their third-party partner company) and they are waiting for months to be able to monetize again.
    I think the only way to prioritize is to spam them with emails.
    I have a small channel so I will just wait, but even for me this waiting will be a loss of some 500$, I could not imagine what does it mean for bigger channels. Imagine in this months you publish some video that goes viral and you get 0$ from it. For me this is especialy bad because the stuff I do review is mostly trending and after few months nobody will search again for this stuff. I will just continue to grow my channel until they don`t solve this, but it is really annoying.

5. Wakanda
    Cash:
    $38
    My take is , Youtube has excess supply of eligible channels even with the new more stringent rules.

Slowing monetization is meant to discourage the current rate of uploading.

While from a Creator end uploading is almost free, Youtube bears the cost of keeping that video accessible for years to come. This is the cost side of Youtube that they are trying to keep under.

Why would they do this? Revenue growth from ads is way lower than projected.

Solution is to frustrate creators by endless delays in monetization. Soon word gets out that monetization is hell. Who wants to waste time waiting indefinitely to get returns in their work?

videoeditgr and hasanpasir88 like this.
  6. UnboxingSve
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $26
    Just to update you on this, finally, yesterday my channel got accepted and I am again able to monetize my videos.

7. UKHypnotist
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $159
    The delinking of channels from MCNs was no mistake; it was done deliberately by YouTube in order to force these channels into the Partner Program review queue. Many of the channels in question were monetizing unlicensed third-party copyright content, which is a violation of both YouTube's and Adsense's Terms of Service.. Others were below the new review thresholds and YouTube was determined that no channel below that threshold would remain monetized.

Spamming them with emails as you suggest, is more likely to get a creator's account terminated permanently, than to get their channel prioritized...

It won't slow the current rate of uploading at all. What are you thinking here?

If anything it will actually increase the rate of uploading as smaller channels race to meet the review threshold. New channels hoping for monetization are also being founded daily, adding yet more videos to the upload rate.

The main problem here is this: People are still assuming that reaching the review threshold is a guarantee of monetization acceptance, when nothing could be farther from the truth. Please see the forum post linked below, making sure to visit the link it contains.

http://yttalk.com/threads/an-explan...-for-duplication-by-a-top-contributor.281091/

#7 UKHypnotist, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  8. Yachts For Sale
    Yachts For Sale
    Cash:
    $236
    I'm really surprised by the amount of comments saying that channels who terminate their agreement with an MCN have to wait for months to be able to re-monetise. I terminated my contract with BBTV in May of this year and received my first payment directly from adsense yesterday. There was no need to reapply for monetisation, it was a completely seamless transaction.

I also think that the idea that
    is quite bizarre. YouTube is a huge business, with the considerable challenges that huge businesses have to face. I'm sure they could do better, but they could do a hell of a lot worse too. Creators who are stuck in a queue waiting to be approved for monetisation just need to keep creating, concentrate on improving and growing their channel, so that when they ARE accepted they can look forward to greater rewards.

9. Wakanda
    Cash:
    $38
    It will slow uploading especially after reaching the threshold and still not getting monetized.

Say you have an old channel that was demonetized following the new rules. It had 997 subs and 8000 hours, a real money maker. You quickly got 3 friends to sub and you met the threshold. This was back in March/April. It’s June and you are still being reviewed. What incentive would have have for starting a fresh channel hoping to meet the threshold in 6 months time? Zero.

Only the ignorant are rushing in hoping to get reviewed sooner. If they extend review timelines AGAIN to say August, even the ignorant will think twice.

Point is,the rush is fueled by hope and that hope keep on getting crushed with each goal Youtube shifts. And I am saying maybe this is the whole point! crush your hopes.

I don’t know but I have a feeling that the biggest incentive for uploading is monetization . Take that incentive away and uploads drops

videoeditgr likes this.
  10. UKHypnotist
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $159
    That seems to be the biggest incentive now; but that isn't how it used to be. I still don't think YouTube is trying to slow monetization in order to discourage applications to the YPP. Have a look at this excerpt from the official YouTube Blog.

"The next big steps for creator monetization

YouTube lets creators connect with their community and gives them the opportunity to earn money while doing what they love. Thanks to advertisers, creators around the world have been able to build businesses, creating an entirely new global economy that’s seen incredible growth. The number of creators earning five figures a year is up by 35 percent and the number of creators earning six figures is up by 40 percent. As in previous years, the vast majority of the revenue is coming from our advertising partners. We’ll continue investing here, but we also want to think beyond ads. Creators should have as many ways and opportunities to make money as possible."

Does this paragraph, straight out of the mouth of YouTube Admin, sound like it is trying to discourage people from joining the YPP? Here is the link to the entire post.

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/06/vidcon-2018-helping-creators-earn-more.html