Channel review - how can I improve my channel?

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone! :wavespin: I'm Laura and I'm fairly new to both Youtube and YTTalk. I've recently started a makeup channel and I'm uploading two videos a week, which I believe is a good number.

I wanted to ask you guys whether you could give me any tips and feedback on the channel in general, so its layout (banner, avatar, thumbnails [this in particular]...).

Thank you in advance :bounce:

HiMyNameIsDan

#crumbs
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Laura,

Content is good (even though I don't wear makeup) but it was still informative and engaging content. I think the one thing that stands out is the thumbnails are not great. The text could be made a lot clearer and bigger as it's sometimes hard to read. Banner is ok but it doesn't exactly say what you do that much, maybe having the channel name in the banner will make people remember you too.

But keep working on it, good stuff.

Dan

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Laura,

Content is good (even though I don't wear makeup) but it was still informative and engaging content. I think the one thing that stands out is the thumbnails are not great. The text could be made a lot clearer and bigger as it's sometimes hard to read. Banner is ok but it doesn't exactly say what you do that much, maybe having the channel name in the banner will make people remember you too.

But keep working on it, good stuff.

Dan
Thanks! I will totally work on the lettering on the thumbnails and I'll try to come up with something distinctive for the banner :)

Reactions: HiMyNameIsDan

Bentura Madrid

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I addition to the Banner, I would add text on your banner that gives your viewers or potential viewers an idea of what your upload schedule is like. Ex: "New Videos EVERY Tuesday and Friday!"

Reactions: Lauramillanmu

Lauramillanmu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like you channel.. You have a great personality and it shows in your videos :0)
Thanks! I try to really be myself in them and not hold back. I also feel that if I give it all my energy and motivation it would be more likely for people to keep watching :D

Reactions: Bentura Madrid

dickandballsshow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the videos are solid, although the content doesn't interest me I still found them engaging.
The best videos are the ones that are edited with a faster pacing and less moments of silence of dead air. I also prefer the videos that have a backing track playing throughout.

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I thought it was very professional how you showed the differences in each phase of makeup application. Also, rather than a tutorial made by someone like they were cramming for a test, your videos have a more story like quality to them that flows from one segment to the next very fluidly. That was different and very cool. Your English is clear and easy to understand. Sound and picture are great. Your last two thumbs are much easier to read, but I liked the stars on your "Brown Toned" video thumb. Having them surrounding the words on your newer thumbs might add a whimsical finishing touch. I also really liked how you listed out all the products you used in the video. Don't know if that's normal for the beauty genre but, it was cool. And links in the description to leap your video to particular segments was an awesome idea.

The only things I would change, and this is just my opinion, would be:

1. Your banner... replace your first photo so it's not the same as your profile photo, and ...add your name to your banner!
2. Your Twitter link... @Baylze found if you remove the "S" from the HTTPS in your Twitter link, the Twitter icon will appear instead of the grey globe.
3. Create a Playlist... (or two) doing it now will get you used to doing it. I have a fraction of your views and some do come from my one playlist.
4. Clean your room... just sayin', lol.

Even if you did nothing different you've got great videos and that's what counts!

Jake Roman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just to hopefully add something new here I would suggest including your upload schedule on your channel banner and trying to focus a little more on branding who you're doing these tutorials for and what kind of makeup tutorials people can expect! Consistency is king. You are doing great work!