Channel Review. Am I doing it right?

Don in 5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Any feedback on my channel would be greatly appreciated. I film all my videos with cell phones and try to keep them around five minutes, hence "Don in 5". From thumbnails to dad jokes, let me know any areas of improvement as well as if I am doing anything right. Thanks.

Reactions: Keleb Baladi

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hello !

That's how I film my videos too, the smartphone rules...

To me you're doing a lot of things right and you have the views to show for it.
a good presenter useful info a bit of humour
Sound and lighting are ok, still a little room for improvement on the lighting.
now regarding the artwork They say it's efficient to have your face in the thumbnail, with a bit of text. so I wouldn't change that.
Instead I would try something new on the banner, instead of those three pictures of you even though they're fun, why now for instance get a cartoon version of you drawn and a title next to it was something like that, it would give it a little more edge.
my two cents

Reactions: Don in 5

Don in 5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hello !

That's how I film my videos too, the smartphone rules...

To me you're doing a lot of things right and you have the views to show for it.
a good presenter useful info a bit of humour
Sound and lighting are ok, still a little room for improvement on the lighting.
now regarding the artwork They say it's efficient to have your face in the thumbnail, with a bit of text. so I wouldn't change that.
Instead I would try something new on the banner, instead of those three pictures of you even though they're fun, why now for instance get a cartoon version of you drawn and a title next to it was something like that, it would give it a little more edge.
my two cents
Thanks for the feedback. I love the banner idea. Also, I will look for and order some lighting. Thanks again.

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
no worries
something I forgot to compliment you about is the concept of maximum length of the video 5 minutes I think it's a great idea and I might actually because I sometime indulge myself in lengthy videos that I suspect people fall asleep halfway through :)
That's what I did especially with the story of an engineer / inventor I did recently, it lasted 16 minutes waaay too long ! next time I'm think I'll just do it in 3 episodes instead of one !
Thanks for the feedback. I love the banner idea. Also, I will look for and order some lighting. Thanks again.
Envoyé de mon FRD-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Don in 5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
no worries
something I forgot to compliment you about is the concept of maximum length of the video 5 minutes I think it's a great idea and I might actually because I sometime indulge myself in lengthy videos that I suspect people fall asleep halfway through :)
That's what I did especially with the story of an engineer / inventor I did recently, it lasted 16 minutes waaay too long ! next time I'm think I'll just do it in 3 episodes instead of one !

Envoyé de mon FRD-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk
Thanks again. I mainly did 5 minutes because my attention span is terrible. I learned that from my wife, she is always saying get to the point. I guess I talk too much .

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I learned that from my wife, she is always saying get to the point.
you are a lucky guy! at least, yours let's you speak! :) :p :D

I cannot tell for your channel I do not know that mauch to validate a channel
but when I first saw your avatar, for some reason I thought it was a British police hat
(or helmet or whatever those black high things are...) :p

Don in 5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
you are a lucky guy! at least, yours let's you speak! :) :p :D

I cannot tell for your channel I do not know that mauch to validate a channel
but when I first saw your avatar, for some reason I thought it was a British police hat
(or helmet or whatever those black high things are...) :p
I didn’t see the police hat until you mentioned it. Now I can’t unsee it.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Travis McP

Reaction score
I like your style. I think you'll learn as you go and edit yourself differently as you go. I will say, put some music in the background of your videos. Use the Youtube library, it's free and there are some good tunes in there. Make sure it is a bed of sound and not over powering. I think you'll see it kind of moves the video along.

Keep with it man, I dig what you are doing.

Don in 5

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I like your style. I think you'll learn as you go and edit yourself differently as you go. I will say, put some music in the background of your videos. Use the Youtube library, it's free and there are some good tunes in there. Make sure it is a bed of sound and not over powering. I think you'll see it kind of moves the video along.

Keep with it man, I dig what you are doing.
Thanks. I will try the music in the background. Thanks for the feedback.

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Hello Don!
My first impressions are very positive - the channel art is good, you've got great charisma, editing is stellar (I'm no editing expert, just sharing my Boki in 5... cents... ok, that joke was funnier in my head).
I'm not a fan of electronics, in any shape or form, but if I was, I'd definitely sub. :) Just keep at it and you'll do fine.