Channel Not So Awesome

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What are your thoughts on the latest drama surrounding Channel Awesome and the way the creators have been treated behind the scenes? I kinda consider this as part of Youtube since this all started on Youtube and now the ones that are leaving are basically going back to Youtube.

I'm just shocked of all the stories told by the different creators behind the scenes. And then after so many months their public apology was more of a 'we're sorry you felt that way' instead of an actual apology.

Have you guys been keeping up with this? What are your thoughts? I mean I heard of it a few months back where Phealous left and whatnot, but right now I'm surprised to hear that even Linkara left Channel Awesome.

MarcNL

Reaction score
Yeah what happened? This is the first time I even heard of the channel as well...

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah, Nostalgia Critic and all his buddies (Linkara, Angry Joe, etc) decided to get off Youtube due to their copyright bs and made their own site called That Guy With The Glasses. They eventually renamed the site Channel Awesome.

Recently lots of creators started leaving the site due to how horribly they were treated behind the scenes. Some of the details shocked me, and surprised this happened on something Doug was a part of.

Apparently, the Walkers are innocent of all this, the problem lies with the owner of Channel Awesome and how he treated everyone. The thing that surprises me the most was to find out that Doug handed over the Nostalgia Critic IP to this guy... so even though Doug plays the character, the character in itself belongs to this guy. Just.... WTF.

I'm glad the AVGN owns his own character, Or does he?

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me
I did read some of that 68 page google document
It seems that their CEO Michael Michaud is a real piece of work!
Doug Walker aka Nostalgia Critic does NOT even have the rights to his own character!
From what I have read and 60+ pages is sure a lot this guy has been ranking in the money big time and doesn't care about any of the content creators

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah, I'd really like to hear the story behind that. What made Doug give up his own character? I mean if he quits Channel Awesome, by all means Micheal can grab anyone else and have him portray TNC since he's just a character and not really Doug.

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Linkara left ???? Wow, I only just found out about that. Out of all the people who I thought would leave there, I did not think he would be one of them. One of my favorite old school YT channels. Jesus, things must be really bad over on channel awesome for him to leave.