Channel not indexing on search

camdenk123

Reaction score
Hey everyone, YouTube has been going great for the first 2 months. They only issue I'm having is people finding my channel from search.

I have a custom URL and csgo world in tags but it's still not coming up in search. Is there anything that I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

camdenk123

Reaction score
Actually it only comes up when I search for cs:go world. Is there any way to make it come up when people search without the colon?

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I don't think there's anything you're doing wrong, I think it's just that you have a commonly searched name. 'CSGO World' is a tag for many videos, such as 'CSGO World Championships', and those videos have a ton of views. Unless you manage to get your videos to have millions of views and you become a very big YouTuber, I don't think you'll make too big of a dent in that search. Sorry to break it to ya. :/

Reactions: camdenk123

camdenk123

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything you're doing wrong, I think it's just that you have a commonly searched name. 'CSGO World' is a tag for many videos, such as 'CSGO World Championships', and those videos have a ton of views. Unless you manage to get your videos to have millions of views and you become a very big YouTuber, I don't think you'll make too big of a dent in that search. Sorry to break it to ya. :/
Damn, do you think I should change my name? Would it make an impact on my fan base + growth?

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Damn, do you think I should change my name? Would it make an impact on my fan base + growth?
I think it's up to you. If you change your name, it might turn out to be very confusing to your current viewers, but if you do and change it to something less used in search, then it would be easier to tell people about your channel so they can search it and find it. I don't know if it would really do anything for your growth, because when people look for videos, they search for the videos not the channel, so you'll still be able to attract new people. It'll just be harder for people to search for your channel name.

camdenk123

Reaction score
I think it's up to you. If you change your name, it might turn out to be very confusing to your current viewers, but if you do and change it to something less used in search, then it would be easier to tell people about your channel so they can search it and find it. I don't know if it would really do anything for your growth, because when people look for videos, they search for the videos not the channel, so you'll still be able to attract new people. It'll just be harder for people to search for your channel name.
Yeah true, right now it comes up when people search cs go world tips, just not csgo world. The colon kinda fucks it over haha. I think i'll stick with this name now, I think when I grow to 10k - 20k subs it will be at least first page which is fine.