Channel Name

Wyrd Wayfarer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Just after a bit of feedback. I've yet to upload any videos on my channel but whilst I'm mainly concentrating on actually creating content, I'm now wondering whether my channel name is any good.

Does Wyrd Wayfarer mean or tell you anything about my channel?

I mean it makes sense to me (wyrd is old english for 'weird' but in Anglo Saxon society it also meant 'fate', and wayfarer means someone who travels by foot) but I guess its no good if nobody else gets the name.

Should I change it whilst I've got the chance or stick with it?

TensorMonkey

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm super new myself (literally just uploaded my first video an hour or two ago), but I would totally stick with Wyrd Wayfarer! It might cause you negligible issues when you first start out in terms of SEO (search engine optimization...getting your username to show up first in Google searches), but you might be able to get around this by including the word "weird" in your channel description so that when people accidentally search for "weird wayfarer" you'll still come up.

I agree that most people won't get it at first, but it could add a sort of "inside joke" element for your subscribers. Again this is all speculation.

Kiwi Arcades

Reaction score
Just after a bit of feedback. I've yet to upload any videos on my channel but whilst I'm mainly concentrating on actually creating content, I'm now wondering whether my channel name is any good.

Does Wyrd Wayfarer mean or tell you anything about my channel?

I mean it makes sense to me (wyrd is old english for 'weird' but in Anglo Saxon society it also meant 'fate', and wayfarer means someone who travels by foot) but I guess its no good if nobody else gets the name.

Should I change it whilst I've got the chance or stick with it?
Uniquely named channel is always good because people will remember you over the generic names. Guessing your channel is based on vlogs? Your name suggests going from one place to another

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Offtopic: There was a Greek really old tv show (B&W) with that name, the "weird traveller". he had only one suitcase (way back, no backpacks...) it goes like "o paraksenos taksidiotis", heh... this is not really a good suggestion for a channel's name right? :p :D

Usually, in recommendations, I do not check the name of the channel but the title (subject) and thumbnail. I have no problem if it is a nickname or real full name. After all after subscribing I usually remember the channel's avatar (or whatever is called) and recognise it. The problem for me and (guess) with other non native English speakers is that we usually miss the word play such as Wyrd. Not really capable to identify if this is a real name or wordplay or not! :)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally think you should use that name, it’s unique and people will remember you:)

Lopideon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like the thought behind it, but it's a little long. Maybe WyrdWalker? Just an opinion.