Channel name question - branded or personal?

stef747

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I am growing a new channel dedicated to flying and travel, and it's currently named after my company "Fly Digital".

But this was kind of an accident, I setup the channel under the company brand account and started posting videos but now I'm worried the name isn't quite right.

I can disconnect my brand page from the channel and link it to my personal name, so it would become "Stefan Drury" rather than "Fly Digital" but I don't know if this is the right move.

I like that "Fly Digital" has the aviation connection with "Fly", but it's the name of my tech company and not actually connected to flying or travel. However using my personal name "Stefan Drury" gives me scope to do other things with the channel like travel destination videos, airport and airline reviews, etc.

But then again I like how "Fly Digital" helps define the niche, but then I could link it to my personal name and change the name to something like "Fly with Stef", omg, such confuse... what do I do?

What do you think is better, a branded channel name, or just using your personal name?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I think the "branded" choice is the best for 95% of cases, including yours.

Reactions: Farley Productions

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Personally, I would connect the two. It's still branded, has your name, and solves your dilemma. Maybe like "Stefan Travels" or something.

unrivaledrev

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think it depends on the content you are looking to produce and whether you are going to heavily feature. If you are aiming to showcase your personality Id go personal. Otherwise, stick with the business branded alternative.

Reactions: NiteOwl

NiteOwl

Reaction score
"Fly Digital" would be good if you are promoting a company. EX: Fly Delta!

"Flying Digital" makes me think of different aircraft you will show or demonstrate.

Are you flying the aircraft? Or promoting yourself. Then you are better off with a mix of brand and personal. You will be the brand so your name is okay to use>> Fly with Stef << feel like we are going on a journey with you.

"Fly with Stef" remind me of "fly with captain Joe or fly with Stella" on Youtube. Are you a pilot flight Attendant?
What kind of aviation are you doing?

stef747

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Are you flying the aircraft? Or promoting yourself. Then you are better off with a mix of brand and personal. You will be the brand so your name is okay to use>> Fly with Stef << feel like we are going on a journey with you.

"Fly with Stef" remind me of "fly with captain Joe or fly with Stella" on Youtube. Are you a pilot flight Attendant?
What kind of aviation are you doing?
I'm a Private Pilot and film my flights and aviation experiences. Plus I also travel a fair bit and put travel vlogs of air travel and features on destinations. So it's basically me being a pilot (flying myself), and travelling (being flown by others).

I'm leaning towards just changing it to my name, but definitely open to suggestions. Thanks for taking the time to write.