Channel name not appearing in search results

The Survival of Me

Reaction score
I just starting a youtube channel (an outlet channel that I can get my feet wet on) and have a few video's uploaded.

When you search in youtube for my channel name, I am no where in the result unless you filter to "channels."

My guess is that the results are based on an algorithm of subscribers, popularity and keywords and such.

If that is true, then it seems to be a catch 22. How are you supposed to get subscribers if your own channel name doesn't appear when it is typed into the search bar?

Zaeehh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well because your channel link doesn't work I will assume that you don't have enough subscribers or views that you don't appear up in Youtube search bar

The Survival of Me

Reaction score
Well... that's highly inconvenient.

It's the one that YouTube gave me[DOUBLEPOST=1500953649,1500953412][/DOUBLEPOST]There. I fixed it[DOUBLEPOST=1500953764][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well because your channel link doesn't work I will assume that you don't have enough subscribers or views that you don't appear up in Youtube search bar
I have 0 subscribers. Which brings me back to my original question. If you have to have subscribers in order for people to be able to search your channel name, how are people supposed to find you?

ScouseMouse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When you say just started a channel, when exactly do you mean? because I'm pretty sure it takes Youtube a day or two to get your videos/channel ranked and into the search results. Assuming that your username isn't shared by the name of something which is a very popular thing to make videos about then you should come up (in a few days) if you search your exact name, and definitely if you change the search results to show only channels/users

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Add you channel name in your title / description / tags and this should help the algo

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Do you mean when I post a video?
Yes, I think so!
Also, Names that are just 'words' rather than a... Username style YouTube name are a little more difficult to find
Also I just searched your name with the 'channel' filter and yours is the first one that came up!
I just subbed, so I'm not sure if that made a difference, but it's still showing as 0 subs so I doubt it... who knows LOL

Mr.Human

Reaction score
I just starting a youtube channel (an outlet channel that I can get my feet wet on) and have a few video's uploaded.

When you search in youtube for my channel name, I am no where in the result unless you filter to "channels."

My guess is that the results are based on an algorithm of subscribers, popularity and keywords and such.

If that is true, then it seems to be a catch 22. How are you supposed to get subscribers if your own channel name doesn't appear when it is typed into the search bar?
Because being top list or at least making it to the 1st page of the list is a privilege, not a right. Imagine you having 1m subs and being pushed down constantly by new channels. You just started and you complain already. No offense, YouTube might not be for you.

The Survival of Me

Reaction score
Because being top list or at least making it to the 1st page of the list is a privilege, not a right. Imagine you having 1m subs and being pushed down constantly by new channels. You just started and you complain already. No offense, YouTube might not be for you.
Mr Human - Why thank you so much for your very constructive criticism. However, I do believe your reading between the lines a bit to much. What you so kindly referred to as a complaint, was nothing more than a question, which, need I remind you, is what this forum is for.

Again, thank you for your thoughts.[DOUBLEPOST=1501018503,1501018275][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, I think so!
Also, Names that are just 'words' rather than a... Username style YouTube name are a little more difficult to find
Also I just searched your name with the 'channel' filter and yours is the first one that came up!
I just subbed, so I'm not sure if that made a difference, but it's still showing as 0 subs so I doubt it... who knows LOL
Thank you so much.

I have put my own channel name in all of my video's keyword tags, so I guess that is all there it is to it. I will continue on with what I am doing and see how it goes.

Thank you all so much for your help. I am sure it gets annoying to have newbie asking super simple questions, but I really do appreciate it.

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Give it a couple of days, if you just created a YouTube channel you should probably give it a few day and then see if that works! Good luck with your channel!:)

Reactions: The Survival of Me