GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Coucou!

Not sure if they are rolling out this feature to everyone below 30K subs so go and check out if you have it enable in your Creator Studio. Community / Channel Memberships / You need to have Custom Perks
Studio Beta = Monetisation / Memberships

I always had Channel Memberships since I'm a gaming channel but I always wanted to have the JOIN Button in my channel!

I really think that the Custom Perk is a good idea to motivate people to support the channel! I'll let you know if having this button actually works and gives me new members, I've been stuck with the same members for months

Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 03.24.24.png

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 03.24.42.png

Last edited:

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hmm... I recently hit 30k (non-gaming), but it still says I'm ineligible for channel memberships. :eek: I thought it used to be that channels needed 100k subscribers before being able to create channel memberships? I guess they lowered the requirement? :eek:

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think its 100k subs now although it still says im not eligable and I meet/exceed all requirements? Im not too fussed about it though.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm... I recently hit 30k (non-gaming), but it still says I'm ineligible for channel memberships. :eek: I thought it used to be that channels needed 100k subscribers before being able to create channel memberships? I guess they lowered the requirement? :eek:
I think its 100k subs now although it still says im not eligable and I meet/exceed all requirements? Im not too fussed about it though.
Here's another tip that might help... I actually sent them a support email telling them: I'm getting closer to 30K so I'll send another email as a reminder to please enable Memberships

I guess they didn't want to hear from me since I sent 2 emails before asking for MerchShelf. If you have 30K subs or more I suggest you send them an email as a reminder. The person who replies to me is Anne.

Remember that you need to have the Monetisation tab in Studio Beta. I believe that also helped!

To be considered for channel memberships on the main YouTube site and app, you have to meet these minimum requirements:

• Your channel must have more than 30,000 subscribers
  • Your channel is in the YouTube Partner Program
  • You are over 18 years old
  • You are located in one of the available locations
  • You (and your MCN, if applicable) have agreed to and are complying with our terms and policies (including the applicable Commerce Product Addendum)
  • You have zero active strikes
Source if you want to see the locations: support.google.com/youtube/answer/7636690

Reactions: KatyAdelson

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
  • Your channel must have more than 30,000 subscribers - Check!
  • Your channel is in the YouTube Partner Program - Check!
  • You are over 18 years old - Check!
  • You are located in one of the available locations - Check!
  • You (and your MCN, if applicable) have agreed to and are complying with our terms and policies (including the applicable Commerce Product Addendum) - Check!
  • You have zero active strikes - Check!
Maybe I will send an email.