Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

When I first started my channel (about 2 months ago), I made a 'welcome to my channel' video for new visitors to see. It was a quick 2 minute video in which I introduced myself and talked a bit about the type of videos I'd be uploading.

I've gotten better equipment since that time, as well as a better editing software.. My initial thought was to remake the intro video with better quality, better editing and maybe even a better script. Then, I started looking though other channels... but I don't see too many "intro" videos. Most channels I've seen just have their latest video as the first thing you see.

Now I'm having second thoughts about that remake.

What do you think? Intro video or no intro video?

Cameron Arnold

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Other
I say do whats u think is right but most youtube channels dont create their intro untill they hit like 50 or 100k subscribers

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
I am at the same dilemma as you... A few months ago I created my channel intro, and had plans to originally recreate it and make it better, but I just dont have the right idea in mind yet... so I am leaving it to my current intro until I think of a better one, if you already have a plan, go ahead with it and make your channel intro as for me its something to show who you are and what your channel is all about.
Nice intro and channel btw.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You could do something similar to what I did. I did a little of my original video and transitioned it into a new one. Kinda a nod to the older videos I did and into the higher quality stuff I'm doing now.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the nice feedback, and good luck to you... I took a look at your intro trailer, I really liked it @commanderSkull[DOUBLEPOST=1476045246,1476045180][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could do something similar to what I did. I did a little of my original video and transitioned it into a new one. Kinda a nod to the older videos I did and into the higher quality stuff I'm doing now.
Sounds like a good idea! I'll take that into account

SandManOnly

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Why not It could give new comers a short description of your channel and why they should subscribe :p

Spectre677

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I didn't have one at first and I am no master video editor but I have since created one short under 4mins long with clips from a few of my Games with relevant annotations telling them about my channel no harm can come of it people then get an idea what your channel is about my only advice is keep it short no more than 5mins some people have like 15 to 40min ones I would never watch a trailer that long.

Portajerzey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey everyone :)

When I first started my channel (about 2 months ago), I made a 'welcome to my channel' video for new visitors to see. It was a quick 2 minute video in which I introduced myself and talked a bit about the type of videos I'd be uploading.

I've gotten better equipment since that time, as well as a better editing software.. My initial thought was to remake the intro video with better quality, better editing and maybe even a better script. Then, I started looking though other channels... but I don't see too many "intro" videos. Most channels I've seen just have their latest video as the first thing you see.

Now I'm having second thoughts about that remake.

What do you think? Intro video or no intro video?
Do what you thinK is best for you're channel, I took a look at you're channel and it's pretty nice, the image and editing is nice

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I will say most of the people who have so many subs don't use a channel trailer...cause while reaching 50k-100k their channel become almost popular.People already know what their channel about but I thing for a new channel it's really important to have a channel trailer cause it's help you become engage with new visitor :)

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i personally really like watching a well-made channel intro, especially if it's something that's a little different than everyone elses', it gives you a sense of what's going to be on the channel and the personality of the person running it. if it's original and interesting, i say go for it!