Channel help with COPPA

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey all!

I'm just starting up a secondary channel, all related to Disney based content - but geared towards adults so not children (Baking, Trip reports and park news). How's best to go about making it clear that my channel is adult-based rather than kid based? Since a lot of Disney is based towards kids (but there's still us adults who enjoy it!).

Would putting a message up on the screen stating that the content is not suitable for child audiences be an idea? And putting the same in the description? Or would they still see Disney characters and figure its kid suitable?

Stressing out over this man! The time I manage to properly plan the channel I've always wanted to and now it all seems very complicated!

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think as long as you put in your channel setting "no my channel is not made for kids" setting, you would be ok and that is more than enough. You are already complying with COPPA by mentioning that

Reactions: markkaz and Fost

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Like the guy above me says, and as long as you're legitly not advertising for kids your good
Hey all!

I'm just starting up a secondary channel, all related to Disney based content - but geared towards adults so not children (Baking, Trip reports and park news). How's best to go about making it clear that my channel is adult-based rather than kid based? Since a lot of Disney is based towards kids (but there's still us adults who enjoy it!).

Would putting a message up on the screen stating that the content is not suitable for child audiences be an idea? And putting the same in the description? Or would they still see Disney characters and figure its kid suitable?

Stressing out over this man! The time I manage to properly plan the channel I've always wanted to and now it all seems very complicated!