Channel growth manager ?!?

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello everyone I saw several offers on the internet about channel growth manager. From what I saw they are different from someone who is making and runnig your adsense campaigns to someone who is updating your hashtags, titles, thumbnails ect. Some people are also offering to bring your videos ot first page to youtube, some people are just offering to send you targeted traffic to your videos with SEO techniques.

I have never try any of them but I'm interested to see what is your opinion about this, sounds great that you can have someone who to be growth manager but is this possible, if you have money and you can afford it what will you do?

xtack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
They normally are all the same service, and if you think about it if everyone was to use one they wouldn't work so it still depends if your channel is in a niche etc.. for example you're not going to get to the first page with the search term "KSI" as there is a well known youtuber with that name no matter how much you pay an SEO company or there likeness...

Reactions: justread

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
some people are just offering to send you targeted traffic to your videos with SEO techniques.
Be very very careful about this bit. Think about it. If someone were really able to drive large amounts of traffic to a YouTube channel, then why aren't they doing it themselves and making millions from adsense rather than wasting their time doing it for others for a few dollars per hour?

Many of these so-called SEO experts (especially the ones on fiverr) promising views and subs are using bots to 1) spam the internet with links to your videos and channel on very dodgy websites that are on google's blacklist and 2) they are botting your channel itself. - They click a button and suddenly your sub count jumps. They click a second button and suddenly your views go up by a few thousand. Then a few weeks later, your channel gets terminated by YouTube.

My advice: Don't think there are some magic secret techniques to growing a channel. All the tasks you mention are part of being a YouTuber and you should be doing it all yourself the proper way. It's not difficult. 3rd parties will take shortcuts, use bots, spam etc. I also don't see how they could do PROPER SEO wihout having admin access to your channel to change tags, write descriptions, upload thumbs etc. Do you really want to give admin rights to some random person on the interweb?

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Be very very careful about this bit. Think about it. If someone were really able to drive large amounts of traffic to a YouTube channel, then why aren't they doing it themselves and making millions from adsense rather than wasting their time doing it for others for a few dollars per hour?

Many of these so-called SEO experts (especially the ones on fiverr) promising views and subs are using bots to 1) spam the internet with links to your videos and channel on very dodgy websites that are on google's blacklist and 2) they are botting your channel itself. - They click a button and suddenly your sub count jumps. They click a second button and suddenly your views go up by a few thousand. Then a few weeks later, your channel gets terminated by YouTube.

My advice: Don't think there are some magic secret techniques to growing a channel. All the tasks you mention are part of being a YouTuber and you should be doing it all yourself the proper way. It's not difficult. 3rd parties will take shortcuts, use bots, spam etc. I also don't see how they could do PROPER SEO wihout having admin access to your channel to change tags, write descriptions, upload thumbs etc. Do you really want to give admin rights to some random person on the interweb?
Thanks for the answers Crown. Yes I'm very careful with this and this is why I'm asking here where I can get some more opinions (to be honest I was expecting more activity on this topic). I don't want to give access to someone who is not legit and I will not. My questions was more like do you think it is good idea to hire some expert who can work several hours a day to make my channel more popular. For example a lot of people are hiring social media experts, people who to run their facebook ads, to create them and ect. I don't know if you get what I mean.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
My questions was more like do you think it is good idea to hire some expert who can work several hours a day to make my channel more popular. For example a lot of people are hiring social media experts, people who to run their facebook ads, to create them and ect. I don't know if you get what I mean.

I don't think you'd get a return on the investment at your stage in the Youtube journey I don't think having someone running your social media would actually help a new channel starting at 0 get to the next level, at least not have enough of an effect to justify whatever they're charging.

I think the value in these services would be for a channel that has already grown their brand and social media presence to a point where running them is taking a lot of time away from the brand's key task of making videos. In other words, a channel that has grown from 0 subs on YouTube to 50k and has also grown their twitter followers to 10k and is getting 50k views per day on YouTube. At that size, they will be getting lots of interaction in the comments on YouTube, on their twitter and probably also lots of emails too. It'd be hard at that stage for 1 person to reply to all those messages, comments and questions and make videos at the same time. A social media manager could be valuable in that situation to take over that side of things while the creator concentrates on the key task of creating good videos. But I don't think having a social media manager would actually be able to create that growth in the first place. Good content drives the growth. If I were you, I'd try to build your growth by yourself first.

PS -
I had a quick look at your channel and I've read a few of the books you review. I'm also big fan of Brian Tracy and his work on being more productive and not procrastinating. I'd recommend "Eat that frog" if you haven't read it already. It was a real game-changer for me. :)