Channel Growth and Video Volume?

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi ya'll,

I know this depends on your channel and it's probably different for everyone but I wanted to know your situation in terms of subscribers/views in relation to how many videos you've made. I personally have 40 subs and around 1300 views after making around 20 videos. I'll take what I can get and be happy with it, but do you notice any problems? Is this alright for starting out?

What are your stats like and do you think this is a good way to see growth?

I would be itching in my boots to know what your opinions are. Let me know below!

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I currently have 80 subs 3451 views and 8 videos. All channels are different and will grow at different rates :)

Reactions: Quick Question

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I guess it really depends on the kind of channel and the content in question. I'm currently at 18 subs, and 489 views with 5 videos. Releasing videos once in a blue moon, having "academic" hiatuses as well as not really advertising much equals a glaaaaaacially slow growth :D But considering I'm doing just about everything YouTube says you shouldn't, I'm pretty happy with how the videos are doing :)

You seem to be doing pretty well, 1.3K views in two months is nothing to scoff at. @QueenLlama is killin' it, though :eek:

Jetpi99 Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
30 subs and 3900 Views after 130 videos. I've been at it for three months plus about a week, so the growth is pretty decent. You have a lot more results compared to the number of your videos though.

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I guess it really depends on the kind of channel and the content in question. I'm currently at 18 subs, and 489 views with 5 videos. Releasing videos once in a blue moon, having "academic" hiatuses as well as not really advertising much equals a glaaaaaacially slow growth :D But considering I'm doing just about everything YouTube says you shouldn't, I'm pretty happy with how the videos are doing :)

You seem to be doing pretty well, 1.3K views in two months is nothing to scoff at. @QueenLlama is killin' it, though :eek:
aha thanks man ^-^ i'm working on my channel

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Every channel is different, for me personally I have 440 (give for take), 156 videos (both pubic and private) with 51k views overall,
I've been making videos since 2013.

I don't think there is a SET ratio of views/subs/videos that works, or thats considered 'correct' or successful, every channel grows in different ways. One of my videos has about 1/5 of my entire channels views, so if you only looked at that video you would think my channel was doing amazingly, but thats an outlier (and should not have been taken into consideration)

Main point, don't worry too much about that kind of thing, focus on making content you enjoy and are proud of!

GeekCheese

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
We have 12 subs, almost 1000 views and around 50 videos. Personally, I think we should have more subs for the amount we have. We should have about 30-40. So I want to try to improve.
But honestly, it's better to not think about it too much and focus on putting good videos out there. After awhile, if you notice no increase, then you might want to look at things.

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We have 12 subs, almost 1000 views and around 50 videos. Personally, I think we should have more subs for the amount we have. We should have about 30-40. So I want to try to improve.
But honestly, it's better to not think about it too much and focus on putting good videos out there. After awhile, if you notice no increase, then you might want to look at things.
That's some good video output! Good advice Geek and good luck!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
35 episodes 250000 views 1815 subs in 18 months. All videos and channels are not equal

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
300 subs 45,226 views 49 videos. I've been slowing down on views a lot. I need to take another approach on my channel. It needs more improvement & quality.