Channel Format Advice!

HiNamesDev

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi Everyone!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I need advice on My Channel. My Channel is very new, only about 2 months old, no subscribers yet :/, but I Am getting better...I Think.

I need advice as to how to handle the Channel Type, see I have many interests mainly Art, and I would like to have art videos (drawings, Music, animations) on Monday, Vlogs/behind the scenes videos on Wednesday, and then maybe a bonus or special Video on Friday. I have been doing this format so far, and I have been enjoying it. However, since this is almost like a Variety/Personal Channel format, can it work?

I know that some people have multiple Channels, but I really don't want to have to do that, also with it organized in playlists wouldn't that help? I Am not new to YouTube, but I Am very New to being a YouTuber ha!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I Am Trying! :)

Thank You All!

Reactions: evnanonymous

evnanonymous

Reaction score
hey Dev :)

i just answered a very similar question in the strategies & technique forum, so if you dont mind ill copy-paste the response below

ultimately, do what you want :)

to crystallize what that means for you, it might be a good idea to think about the consequence that decision would have on your channel

simply, youll attract different audiences based on the content of your videos

this will create a divergence in viewership relative to your subscriber count

i cant confirm this with 100 % certainty, but ive read the ranking of your videos will be affected if theres too much of a discrepancy between your subscriber base, and the amount of views you get per video

a lot of subscribers, but low viewership, would then mean your videos will rank lower, even with optimized SEO and word-of-mouth promotion

to answer your question, i guess it all comes down to how seriously you take this, and what youre trying to achieve

with that said, having many different types of content doesnt doom your channel, it just makes it even harder to compete with other channels :)

Reactions: HiNamesDev

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Keep it on one channel and sort you topics out in channel-lists I would say:) When you channel is that new there is really no reason to worry about stuff like that IMO :) Just relax and keep up the good work

Reactions: HiNamesDev

HiNamesDev

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thank you all for your help and advice. I have been just sticking to what I enjoy, and I have been getting views. Still learning all of this though!