Channel Feedback

MrBigTAnderson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just want to see where I can improve as a channel. I have been at 7 subscribers for a little bit of time and I would really like to get that number to go up. It is gaming but I want to do more story videos as well maybe some fanfic readings because I think there are some good ones that could use at least a video of it being read. Games are going to be the main part of the channel though so just take a look if you could and tell me where I could get better. Thank you for doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQFThRkgJ-eFaq9BEourXHQ
Just in case the other one does not work

MOO

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am watching your most recent video right now, here is some feedback to help you out:

To my knowledge, people watch gameplay videos for two reasons: For funny moments/personality of the player and/or to figure out how to go through a level, whatever game it might be.

Now, I see this a lot when I look at gameplay videos and the players either seem to have no personality, only talking a bit or they do the exact opposite and commentate in a totally unrealistic way.

With your video, I see the former. I see you playing a game and saying some things occasionally. Now, it is not as bad as some others, but personally I do not find your commentary interesting. To be honest (and not disrespectful), I can only see someone watching your videos if they are stuck on a level or something.

What you want to do is be constantly, to the best of your ability, having something interesting to say.

I think the focus, if you are striving for entertainment, should be you and not the game. This is another problem I see with a lot of YouTube gamers. The volume of the game outweighs your voice quite significantly, killing any personality you may have. You should put emphasis on your voice or maybe put your game volume down.

As far as quality goes, the audio is fine (other than what I said about emphasis). I'm not sure if you can make this game (the Ninja Turtles on) take up the full YouTube player, but if you can, I would recommend it.

Also, this is something I've been trying to improve on, too, but if you are not aiming for "walkthrough gameplay" and going for entertainment, then you should cut the video length down to improve viewership.

Hope this helped :)

MrBigTAnderson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, that took the wind out of my sails. Thanks for watching. The interesting thing to say is kinda difficult because I am still trying what I want as "my voice" so I still need to work on that. Oh well if it was easy then everyone would do it. Thanks for the info and hopefully things will get better as I find out what to do Thanks for the critique :)

MOO

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, that took the wind out of my sails. Thanks for watching. The interesting thing to say is kinda difficult because I am still trying what I want as "my voice" so I still need to work on that. Oh well if it was easy then everyone would do it. Thanks for the info and hopefully things will get better as I find out what to do Thanks for the critique :)
Hopefully you find your voice, eventually. Do not give up! Use this critique as momentum to improve and get better. Do not let any constructive criticism (or even hate) stop you from doing what you love. Best of luck to you :)

Also, to find some interesting stuff to say, you can kind of critique the game and maybe make fun of how it makes no sense. That's kinda what I started doing with my gameplay.