Channel Content Question

Nytician

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Don't know if this is the right section sorry if not!

Just curious what you think about this, I have so many different avenues I *could* go for my channel but some of them neglect what I actual enjoy doing to get a user base.

The ideal channel would consist of Vlogs for regular content with sketches, short films and machinima uploaded when I have more time (this is what I most enjoy making).

Right now however I have a few users who want Lets Plays and while i'm happy to provide its only one or two and if I continue this way I think my whole channel could be *polluted* with content I don't really enjoy making. Due to this i've taken these Lets Plays down and put them up again countless times so now I'm wanting help coming to a concrete conclusion if you'd be so kind!

A) Continue with the Lets Plays, allow my user base to grow around this and hope branching out will turn people to the content I actually want to make.

B) Create the content I really *want* to make and accept the initial lose of one or two subscribers with the goal of creating good content and a more dedicated fan base in the future.

I appreciate any responses, just kind of need a kick to get myself to settle on a choice!

Thanks,

Sean.

watermelonR0Fl

Lord of the Melons
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I think its very important that you do what you enjoy doing. If you do not enjoy doing Lets Plays do not force yourself through them for the sake of growing a user base. They may not stick around for the stuff you want to make. It may take longer to build a base for your vlogs and sketches, but they will be more loyal to that without the games being present. Best of luck to you whatever you end up doing mate.

Nytician

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yup your both right. >< Stupid that I had to mess around with my subscribers like this but I guess its better for the future and for me. Thanks for your replies.