Reaction score
Hello,

Our channel is almost a year and a half old. Recently we have been pushing to expand our growth.

Over the past month and a half we have been making two videos a week which have all been received positively and our growth was good. However, last Friday we put up a video about occultism in the Nazi era. Nothing really controversial, mostly conventional historical knowledge which you would find in any history book or national geographic documentary. Since then our channel has been plummeting daily - irregardless of the positive reception that video received on its release (and the following Monday's video about the dark history of the Romans).

We have not made wholly history videos in the past but many of our videos feature in depth historical content (tags and keywords have always included history). Ultimately our channels focus is the paranormal: hence the in depth research into the occult side of ww2.

However, could trying to broaden our channel to a more historic base have diminished our ranking or suggestibility?

One more detail, the Nazi one was today put under review for not being "advertiser friendly". We do not know why this was done (we are disputing it). Could this be affecting our channel?

Overall we have lost around 60 percent of our views since the 11th and it is still falling.

Today we are uploading a new video and our subscriber base will help keep us afloat but I fear this will not last.

Any and all help would be appreciated

Thank you for reading.

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Sounds like you p****d the algorithm off. I think your hunch about the 'advertiser friendly review' is likely the cause.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Zethnos

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah the YouTube gods are p****d.
But no really, using any key words that MIGHT be considered controversial such as Nazi or maybe even occult will aggravate the algorithm and your videos may show up less and less. It has happened to a lot of people ever since the new advertiser friendly push.